- 10 hrs ago New Kia Sonet SUV Modified Tastefully In Bangalore: Here Are All The Customisations Made
- 12 hrs ago Eeve Xeniaa Long-Term Review (First Report): Initial Impressions On The Eco-Friendly City Commuter
- 13 hrs ago Kia Sonet Bookings Cross 50,000 Units Milestone Mark: New Achievement By Hyundai Venue Rival
- 15 hrs ago Mahindra Scorpio Sting Trademarked In India: New Name For Next-Gen SUV
- Sports Royal Challengers Bangalore bowled well, says Kolkata Knight Riders captain Eoin Morgan
- Education MP Board 12th Supplementary Result 2020 Declared, Check MPBSE 12th Result Link
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 October 21 Highlights: Shehzad Deol Gets Eliminated, Toofani Seniors Exit The Show
- News INS Kavaratti: The silent submarine killer in the seas, to be commissioned into Navy today
- Finance Domestic Air Travel Picks Up Amid Festivities; Delhi-Mumbai Spot Fare Rs. 18,000
- Lifestyle Diabetes In Men: Early Signs And Symptoms To Look Out For
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In November
- Technology Vi Offering Double Data Benefits With Prepaid Plans
The German auto manufacturer, Audi will be launching the RS Q8 performance SUV on August 27, 2020, in the Indian market. The company is accepting pre-launching bookings for a token amount of Rs 15 lakh.
The auto manufacturer announced earlier that it will bring more RS models to the market in future. The RS Q8 shares similar mechanicals as the Lamborghini Urus, which is part of the Audi Group.
The RS Q8 is claimed to be the fastest series-production SUV on the Nürburgring race track by the company. The SUV has registered a lap time of 7 minutes and 42.2 seconds. While most of it is down to the engine under the bonnet, it also features the brand's Quattro four-wheel-drive system.
Speaking about the engine, the RS Q8 is powered by a 4.0-litre twin-turbo V8. It produces a maximum of 600bhp and a peak torque of 800Nm. The engine comes mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission that sends power to all wheels.
The SUV accelerates from 0 to 100kmph in 3.8s and continues to reach 200kmph in just 13.7s. The top speed is electronically limited to 305kmph. The SUV also features a 48V mild-hybrid system can store up to 15bhp of power with the help of an onboard lithium-ion battery pack.
The energy is harvested to charge the battery by using regenerative braking. According to the company, it will allow the RS Q8 to run for up to 40 seconds in pure electric mode. As a result, the hybrid system offers fuel savings of up to 2.8 litres for every 100kilometers.
The RS Q8 will feature a couple of cosmetic changes over the standard model. These include a new single-frame grille, redesigned front and rear bumpers, an integrated diffuser, and an RS-spec spoiler.
Additionally, the upcoming RS Q8 will also feature 22-inch alloy wheels as standard, with 23-inch wheels available as an option. All the new changes make the RS Q8 bold and aggressive adding to the sports characteristics of the SUV.
On the inside, it continues to feature a sporty theme with the help of bucket-like seats, leather and Alcantara elements, an RS-specific flat-bottom steering wheel, and a virtual cockpit; among others. Other features such as touchscreen infotainment system, connected technology and more will be borrowed from the standard model.
Audi is offering customization and personalization that are exclusive to the RS Q8 SUV. Potential customers can book their Audi RS Q8 online from the comfort of their home and personalize it according to their preference. Alternatively, they can register their interest at the nearest Audi India dealership, who will also help with all customization and personalization requests.
Thoughts About The Audi RS Q8 To Be Launched In India On August 27
The Audi RS Q8 is a powerful variant of the standard model with exceptional performance figures. Despite being labelled as a performance SUV, it still offers decent practicality with a comfortable and luxurious cabin with a host of convenient features as well.