- 4 hrs ago Mercedes-AMG Cars To Be Made In India Starting With AMG GLC 43 Coupe
- 6 hrs ago New Helmet Rule Imposed In Karnataka: Revised Guidelines For Children On Two-Wheelers
- 8 hrs ago Gemopai Electric Scooters Discounts For October 2020: Festive Season Benefits Up To Rs 5,500
- 8 hrs ago New TVS Ntorq 125 ‘SuperSquad’ Edition Scooter Inspired By Avengers Characters: Priced At Rs 85,992
- Sports IPL 2020: DC vs KXIP: Match 38, mid-innings: Ton-up Shikhar Dhawan takes Delhi to 164/5 as other batters disappoint
- Finance Jio Begins Work On 5G With Qualcomm; Achieved Over 1 Gbps Speed In Trials
- Movies Anupam Kher Says Indian Cinema Can Be Termed As ‘Before’ And ‘After’ Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge
- Lifestyle Lakme Fashion Week 2020 Opening Show: Kartik Aaryan Turns Muse For Manish Malhotra
- Education UP Board Compartment Result 2020 Declared For Class 10th And Class 12th
- News Bihar poll 2020: Slippers thrown at RJD's Tejashwi Yadav during election rally in Bihar's Aurangabad
- Technology Realme Narzo 20 Review: Fits The Budget Perfectly
- Travel Best Beaches To Visit In India In November
The Audi Q2 was first showcased at the Geneva Motor Show back in 2016. People have been eagerly waiting to get their hands on the company's smallest SUV since then. However, Audi India recently released a teaser video, which confirms the upcoming launch of this Q2 SUV in the Indian market.
Earlier this month, Audi revealed the facelifted Q2 that will go on sale soon in the European market. Sadly India will not be getting the facelifted version, what it will get is the pre-facelift version of the Q2. The new SUV from the company will be made on the Volkswagen Group's MQB platform. The Q2 will have a wheelbase of 2,601mm, a length of 4,191mm, 1,794mm in width and will measure 1,508mm in height.
The design of the Audi Q2 is rather subtle. At the front, the Q2 gets a single-frame grille which now makes the car look slightly wider, it also gets a new rear diffuser insert, a redesigned front air intake with silver accents and LED headlamps with DRLs. It will also receive black cladding on bumpers, wheel arches and running boards. At the rear, the car gets a wide tailgate, square-shaped LED tail lamps and distinctive Audi logo and badging.
On the inside, the Audi Q2 will feature sports seats with leather upholstery, an LED interior lighting package with 10 colour options, a multi-function steering wheel, rear seats with a 60:40 split, an 8.3-inch infotainment and MMI controller with Apple CarPlay and AndroidAuto. Boot space for the front-wheel-drive variants will be 405 liters, on the other hand, the all-wheel-drive variant will get 355 liters of boot space. The Q2 will also receive a 12.3-inch Virtual Cockpit digital instrument console and a panoramic sunroof.
Mechanically the Audi Q2 will be offered with a 2.0-liter turbo petrol engine. The unit will make 188bhp of power and 320Nm of peak torque and will be mated to a 7-speed dual-clutch transmission with Audi's Quattro all wheel drive system. The Q2 will catapult from 0 to 100 km/h in just 6.5 seconds and will have a top speed of 228 km/h.
Thoughts About The All-New Audi Q2
The all-new Audi Q2 is expected to hit the Indian shores sometime in the month of September. Once launched, the Q2 will go up against the likes of the BMW X1, Volvo XC40 and the upcoming Mercedes-Benz GLA. Bookings for the Q2 will commence shortly.