- 6 hrs ago Geneva Motor Show 2020 Cancelled Due To Coronavirus Alert
- 12 hrs ago Vahan Database To Display Partially Concealed Names Of Vehicle Owners: Ministry Of Transport
- 15 hrs ago Hero Super Splendor BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 67,300, Ex-Showroom, Delhi
- 1 day ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 BS6 (First Ride) Review: Crafted To Be More Invisible Than Before
- News Delhi violence: Distress calls unanswered for 48-72 hours, police absent, report reveals
- Movies Gauri Khan Thinks Her Husband Shah Rukh Khan Will Take To Designing Some Day
- Sports Hardik Pandya returns to cricket pitch post back surgery, hits 4 towering sixes in his quickfire knock
- Technology Vivo V19 Official Renders Show Design, Colors And More
- Lifestyle 11 Benefits Of Drinking Water On An Empty Stomach
- Education UPSC Tie-breaking Principals For Civil Services And Other Exams
- Finance India’s Eight Core Industries Grew At 2.2% In January
- Travel March 2020: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
The Audi A8 L is the flagship luxury sedan from the company's portfolio and has been around in the international market for quite some time. However, Audi is all geared up to launch the fourth-generation A8 L in our country on February 3, 2020.
The fourth-generation A8 L will be based on the VW Group's MLB Evo platform, which means that the car will be lighter than the previous generation one. Also, the new A8 L will be longer and slightly broader than the old one, 5,302mm in length, 1,945mm in width, 1,488mm in height, and has a wheelbase of 3,128mm, to be precise.
As far as the design is concerned, the company will retain the aggressive styling, especially the front end, as it has done in all its previous models. The previous A8's had small headlamps and grille, which will now be upgraded to LED matrix headlamps and a large grille. The new A8 L will receive freshly designed bumpers at the front and rear along with a new set of tail light clusters.
The car is also expected to get a new interior which will include features such as Audi's Virtual Cockpit system, heated seats, massaging seats, twin touchscreen display, Bang & Olufsen surround sound music system, a panoramic sunroof, four-zone climate control, soft-touch materials wherever possible, leather-wrapped seats and steering wheel, etc.
Globally, the A8 L is available with several engine options. However, India bound new A8 L is expected to be available in the petrol avatar only. A 3.0-litre, V6 turbo-petrol engine pumping out close to 336bhp of power and 500Nm of torque is expected to be found under the hood. The engine will be coupled with the brand's mild-hybrid technology with a 48-volt electrical system and will be mated to a 9-speed automatic gearbox.
As far as safety is concerned, the A8 L will get multiple airbags, drives modes, auto park assist, ABS with EBD, ESC, etc.
Hopefully, Audi will offer Traffic Jam Assist as part of the Driver Assistance package which is seen on the international models. This is the only Level 3 autonomous system available on a production car and can drive the car independently up to 60km/h.
Once launched, the new A8 L will go up against the likes of the Jaguar XJ L, Mercedes-Benz S-Class and the new BMW 7 Series.
Thoughts On The New Audi A8 L
The fourth-gen A8 L is the flagship sedan from the German automaker and comes with a host of improvements from the design to the latest tech and features. Watch the space for more information on the A8 L.