- 17 hrs ago Honda CRF1100L Africa Twin Models To Launch In India On 5 March: Details And Expected Prices
- 17 hrs ago New (2020) Land Rover Defender Launched In India At Rs 69.99 Lakh: Bookings Now Open
- 19 hrs ago Toyota Vellfire Premium MPV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 79.50 Lakh
- 21 hrs ago Revolt Intellicorp To Expand Presence In India: Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Chennai & Mumbai On List
- News Indian Bank SO call letter released: Check important details
- Finance Stocks To Watch Out For On February 27, 2020
- Technology Flipkart Sale And Discount Offers: Top Deals On Best Selling Laptops In India
- Movies Thappad Movie Review: Taapsee Pannu's Film Echoes Loud And Makes A Powerful Statement
- Sports AFC Cup 2020: Bengaluru FC bow out on penalties in playoff round
- Lifestyle 22 Foods Rich In Sodium And Alternative Healthier Options
- Travel Least Polluted Cities In India
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
The Audi A8 L is the flagship luxury sedan from the company's portfolio and has been around in the international market for quite some time. However, Audi is all geared up to launch the fourth-generation A8 L in our country on February 3, 2020.
The fourth-generation A8 L will be based on the VW Group's MLB Evo platform, which means that the car will be lighter than the previous generation one. Also, the new A8 L will be longer and slightly broader than the old one, 5,302mm in length, 1,945mm in width, 1,488mm in height, and has a wheelbase of 3,128mm, to be precise.
As far as the design is concerned, the company will retain the aggressive styling, especially the front end, as it has done in all its previous models. The previous A8's had small headlamps and grille, which will now be upgraded to LED matrix headlamps and a large grille. The new A8 L will receive freshly designed bumpers at the front and rear along with a new set of tail light clusters.
The car is also expected to get a new interior which will include features such as Audi's Virtual Cockpit system, heated seats, massaging seats, twin touchscreen display, Bang & Olufsen surround sound music system, a panoramic sunroof, four-zone climate control, soft-touch materials wherever possible, leather-wrapped seats and steering wheel, etc.
Globally, the A8 L is available with several engine options. However, India bound new A8 L is expected to be available in the petrol avatar only. A 3.0-litre, V6 turbo-petrol engine pumping out close to 336bhp of power and 500Nm of torque is expected to be found under the hood. The engine will be coupled with the brand's mild-hybrid technology with a 48-volt electrical system and will be mated to a 9-speed automatic gearbox.
As far as safety is concerned, the A8 L will get multiple airbags, drives modes, auto park assist, ABS with EBD, ESC, etc.
Hopefully, Audi will offer Traffic Jam Assist as part of the Driver Assistance package which is seen on the international models. This is the only Level 3 autonomous system available on a production car and can drive the car independently up to 60km/h.
Once launched, the new A8 L will go up against the likes of the Jaguar XJ L, Mercedes-Benz S-Class and the new BMW 7 Series.
Thoughts On The New Audi A8 L
The fourth-gen A8 L is the flagship sedan from the German automaker and comes with a host of improvements from the design to the latest tech and features. Watch the space for more information on the A8 L.