- 2 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Concept SUV Unveiled: India-Bound Compact-SUV To Rival Hyundai Venue
- 3 hrs ago Mercedes Unveils The AMG GT Black Series: Details & Specifications
- 3 hrs ago Tata Harrier To Receive Two New Variants XTA & XT+ Soon: Here Are All Details
- 4 hrs ago Maserati Unveils The Ghibli Hybrid Sedan: Plans To Expand Its Dealership Network In India
- News COVID-19: Four-member Central team to visit Gujarat on Friday
- Sports Kudus to Ajax – Dutch champions win race for highly rated Nordsjaelland talent
- Movies Dilip Joshi Shares His Experience Of Resuming Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah’s Shoot Amid COVID-19
- Technology Poco M2 Pro Slated To Go On Sale Again On July 30 In India: Price And Specifications
- Finance International Flights To US, France To Resume This Month Through 'Air Bubbles'
- Lifestyle What Is Sodium Caseinate? Its Uses, Side Effects And Ways To Eat
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Ashok Leyland has announced the launch of the AVTR modular truck platform with i-Gen6 BS6 technology. The new modular platform offers multiple axle configuration options, loading spans, cabins, suspensions and drivetrains on a single architecture.
The new AVTR platform will produce a new range of rigid trucks, tippers and tractors in the 18.5 tonnes to 55 tonnes category, allowing customers to configure the medium and heavy commercial vehicles (M&HCV) according to their requirements.
Dheeraj Hinduja, Chairman, Ashok Leyland, said, "Ashok Leyland has always been ahead of the curve and leads the CV industry in terms of innovation. Our endeavour has always been to address the needs of our customers and deliver better profitability for them. The customer-centric AVTR, will take our customers to the next level of trucking and they will reap the benefits of modularity. This unique modular platform puts us on the global map of CV manufacturers and will help us in our journey of realising our vision."
Vipin Sondhi, MD & CEO, Ashok Leyland, stated, "With the launch of AVTR, we are very proud that we have achieved the dual challenge of meeting the BS-VI norms and development of a whole new platform, in one swift move. This gives us an edge not only in India but globally with its potential to switch between right-hand-drive and left-hand-drive. AVTR has the potential to deliver any kind of truck as per the customer's specific requirement, in a very short time."
According to Ashok Leyland, the AVTR platform has been developed by investing Rs 500 crore. It has been tested in different terrains for more than 60 lakh km. The trucks also come with the next Gen i-alert fleet management system with remote diagnostics.
In other recent Ashok Leyland news, the company has resumed operations at all its plants across the country, after obtaining necessary approvals from the relevant authorities. Ashok Leyland earlier released a sales report of zero sales in April due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Thoughts About The AVTR Modular Truck Platform
The trucking industry has grown rapidly over the years in our country. With the new AVTR platform trucks will now become safer and more durable at the same time.