- 3 hrs ago New Tata Safari Arrives At Dealer Yard Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All Details
- 4 hrs ago All-New BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe M Sport (First Drive) Review
- 5 hrs ago 2020 Indian National Drag Racing Championship Results: Hemanth Muddappa Wins For The Fourth Time
- 1 day ago 2021 Force Gurkha Near Production SUV Spied Testing With Accessories: Pics & Details
- News Supreme Court seeks Centre's reply on PIL seeking setting up of media tribunal
- Movies Republic Day 2021: Best Patriotic Scenes From Bollywood Films Which Gave Us Goosebumps
- Finance 5 Best 2-3 Year FDs With Good Returns Up To 7%
- Lifestyle The White Tiger: Priyanka Chopra Jonas Inspires Us To Step Up Our Fashion Game With Her Outfits
- Sports ESFI introduces national rankings for esports; Resilience, Checkmate & Adbhut Esports grabs top spot
- Technology ESA Using Iodine Propellant System On Small Satellites To Reduce Space Debris
- Education MHT CET 2020 Round II Seat Allotment Result for B. Tech, B. Pharma To Be Out Today
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In January 2021
Ashok Leyland has announced the launch of the AVTR modular truck platform with i-Gen6 BS6 technology. The new modular platform offers multiple axle configuration options, loading spans, cabins, suspensions and drivetrains on a single architecture.
The new AVTR platform will produce a new range of rigid trucks, tippers and tractors in the 18.5 tonnes to 55 tonnes category, allowing customers to configure the medium and heavy commercial vehicles (M&HCV) according to their requirements.
Dheeraj Hinduja, Chairman, Ashok Leyland, said, "Ashok Leyland has always been ahead of the curve and leads the CV industry in terms of innovation. Our endeavour has always been to address the needs of our customers and deliver better profitability for them. The customer-centric AVTR, will take our customers to the next level of trucking and they will reap the benefits of modularity. This unique modular platform puts us on the global map of CV manufacturers and will help us in our journey of realising our vision."
Vipin Sondhi, MD & CEO, Ashok Leyland, stated, "With the launch of AVTR, we are very proud that we have achieved the dual challenge of meeting the BS-VI norms and development of a whole new platform, in one swift move. This gives us an edge not only in India but globally with its potential to switch between right-hand-drive and left-hand-drive. AVTR has the potential to deliver any kind of truck as per the customer's specific requirement, in a very short time."
According to Ashok Leyland, the AVTR platform has been developed by investing Rs 500 crore. It has been tested in different terrains for more than 60 lakh km. The trucks also come with the next Gen i-alert fleet management system with remote diagnostics.
In other recent Ashok Leyland news, the company has resumed operations at all its plants across the country, after obtaining necessary approvals from the relevant authorities. Ashok Leyland earlier released a sales report of zero sales in April due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Thoughts About The AVTR Modular Truck Platform
The trucking industry has grown rapidly over the years in our country. With the new AVTR platform trucks will now become safer and more durable at the same time.