- 1 day ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 1 day ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 1 day ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 2 days ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- Technology Week 40, 2020 Launch Roundup: Redmi 9i, LG WING, Moto E7 Plus, Realme 7i, Sony Xperia 5 II And More
- Sports Controversial umpiring decision mars Delhi Capitals' win over Kings XI Punjab in IPL 2020
- Education Schools Reopen In India Latest News, Check State-wise List
- Movies The Kapil Sharma Show: Renuka Shahane Walk Fans Through Her Love Story With Ashutosh Rana
- News Ladakh row: Corps Commander talks on Monday; Army strengthens dominance in over 20 strategic height
- Lifestyle ICW 2020: Amid Pandemic, Rahul Mishra’s Lotus Pond Collection Exudes A Soothing Effect
- Finance Loan Against Mutual Funds: Should You Avail It?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Ashok Leyland has announced the launch of the AVTR modular truck platform with i-Gen6 BS6 technology. The new modular platform offers multiple axle configuration options, loading spans, cabins, suspensions and drivetrains on a single architecture.
The new AVTR platform will produce a new range of rigid trucks, tippers and tractors in the 18.5 tonnes to 55 tonnes category, allowing customers to configure the medium and heavy commercial vehicles (M&HCV) according to their requirements.
Dheeraj Hinduja, Chairman, Ashok Leyland, said, "Ashok Leyland has always been ahead of the curve and leads the CV industry in terms of innovation. Our endeavour has always been to address the needs of our customers and deliver better profitability for them. The customer-centric AVTR, will take our customers to the next level of trucking and they will reap the benefits of modularity. This unique modular platform puts us on the global map of CV manufacturers and will help us in our journey of realising our vision."
Vipin Sondhi, MD & CEO, Ashok Leyland, stated, "With the launch of AVTR, we are very proud that we have achieved the dual challenge of meeting the BS-VI norms and development of a whole new platform, in one swift move. This gives us an edge not only in India but globally with its potential to switch between right-hand-drive and left-hand-drive. AVTR has the potential to deliver any kind of truck as per the customer's specific requirement, in a very short time."
According to Ashok Leyland, the AVTR platform has been developed by investing Rs 500 crore. It has been tested in different terrains for more than 60 lakh km. The trucks also come with the next Gen i-alert fleet management system with remote diagnostics.
In other recent Ashok Leyland news, the company has resumed operations at all its plants across the country, after obtaining necessary approvals from the relevant authorities. Ashok Leyland earlier released a sales report of zero sales in April due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Thoughts About The AVTR Modular Truck Platform
The trucking industry has grown rapidly over the years in our country. With the new AVTR platform trucks will now become safer and more durable at the same time.