- 13 hrs ago eBikeGo To Install 3,000 Charging Stations In Five Cities Across India: Here Are All Details
- 15 hrs ago Tata Motors Takes A Dig At Another Maruti Suzuki Car: Global NCAP Rating Battle Continues!
- 18 hrs ago Suzuki V-Strom 650XT BS6 Launched In India At Rs 8.84 Lakh: The Adv-Tourer Becomes Costlier
- 20 hrs ago Toyota Fortuner Facelift Unofficial Bookings Open: Here Are All Details
- News PM Modi to discuss COVID situation with CMs of 8 States today: What to expect?
- Movies Juhi Chawla Says She Had No Fondness For Kids Before Motherhood; 'I Would Find Them As A Nuisance'
- Finance 4 Small Cap Equity Funds To Consider For SIPs
- Lifestyle Karishma Tanna In Ethnic Suit And Crop Top-Skirt, Which Printed Ensemble Of Hers Did You Like More?
- Sports India vs Australia | Steve Smith excited after finding his hands ahead of the ODI series
- Technology Motorola ‘Nio' Could Be Next Flagship Smartphone With Snapdragon 865 SoC
- Education KCET Counselling 2020 First Round Seat Allotment Schedule Released
- Travel 10 Best Honeymoon Destinations To Visit In India This Winter
Ashok Leyland has launched the Boss LE and LX range of BS6 trucks in the Indian market. The Ashok Leyland Boss range of vehicles has been placed in the (ICV) Intermediate Commercial Vehicle segment and retails at a starting price of Rs 18 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The Boss model is available in various gross vehicle weight capacities ranging from 11.1 tonnes to 14.05 tonnes. Customers can choose from multiple combinations such as loading bay ranging from 14feet to 24feet.
The Boss ICV range is also available in various body type options: high side deck, fixed side deck, drop side deck, cab chassis, container and tipper. The BOSS platform offers multiple applications including usage for parcel & courier, poultry, white goods, agri-perishable, e-commerce, FMCG, auto parts and reefer, among others.
The Boss CV range will be available as a fully-built option along with class-leading ergonomic and safety features for the driver. The CV range also features digital solutions like i-Alert, remote diagnostics. Customers can choose from two various cabin layout options.
The Boss truck range is powered a four-cylinder common-rail turbo-diesel engine and features the brand's i-Gen6 technology as well. The engine produces a maximum of 149bhp and a peak torque of 450Nm mated to a six-speed gearbox.
The company claims the i-Gen6 technology offers a substantial improvement over the BS4 engine. These include up to 30 per cent longer service interval, up to 7 per cent higher fluid efficiency, up to 5 per cent better tyre life, and lower maintenance cost.
Mr Vipin Sondhi, MD & CEO, Ashok Leyland, said, "We have been on track with our plans, despite the challenging year we are all facing. Starting with the AVTR launch, followed by DigitAL Nxt suite of digital solutions, BADA DOST and now the BOSS ICV trucks, we aim to give our customers the latest and most advanced products and technology."
He further added, "With this launch in our BOSS range, our ICV offering is now one of the best in the market. ICVs are seeing a spurt in demand and this is the best time to introduce our proven I-Gen6 BS-VI technology in one of our best-selling brands in the portfolio. These launches will further strengthen our portfolio and help us achieve our Vision of being in the Global Top 10 CV makers."
Mr Anuj Kathuria, COO, Ashok Leyland, said, "We have been steadily gaining market share in the ICV segment for the past eight years and our brand, BOSS, has been leading that growth. From 6% market share in FY12, we are now selling over 20% ICVs in the Indian market. With the new BOSS LE and LX, we have further improved on our USPs of higher fuel economy and durability, making it a compelling choice for ICV customers."
He further added, "These new vehicles address a fast-growing segment, which demands high uptime, for long distances. We are confident that the new BOSS will not only drive us towards a cleaner future, with its i-Gen6 engines but also contribute to our vision of being in the Top 10 Global CV Makers. A true example of ‘Aapki Jeet, Hamari Jeet', BOSS promises to deliver higher profitability while keeping the operations stress-free for customers."
The company is offering the BOSS LE and LX range with 4-year / 4-lakh kilometres warranty which can be extended up to 6 years. The company also offers a 4-hour response time and 48-hour restoration promise in case of a breakdown.
Considering the high uptime requirement for these vehicles, it will be supported with ‘Quick accident repair' and will have an exclusive bay at workshops. Customers have 3000+ touchpoints for ease of access to sales and aftersales support, all supported by 24x7 customer assistance Uptime Solution Centre and Service Mandi network.
Thoughts About The Ashok Leyland Boss LX & LE BS6 CV Launched In India
Ashok Leyland is among the leading brands in the commercial vehicle segment in the Indian market and around the world. The Boss range of vehicles caters to a wide variety of applications and comes equipped with the latest technology offering great value for money and hassle-free driving.