- 1 day ago 2020 Hyundai Tucson Bookings Commences — All You Need To Know
- 1 day ago Hero Destini 125 BS6 Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 64,310
- 1 day ago Hyundai Verna Facelift Model Unveiled In Russia: India Bound Later This Year
- 1 day ago 2020 Ford Figo, Aspire & Freestyle BS6 Models Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 5.39 Lakh
- Movies Mafia Day 1 Collection: Arun Vijay, Prasanna Film Makes Good Business At Box Office
- News Trump’s Marine One, mammoth SUV arrives in Ahmedabad
- Technology Best In-Display Fingerprint Sensor Smartphones To Buy In India Starting From Rs. 9,999
- Sports FIH Hockey Pro League: Fighting India go down to Australia
- Lifestyle 10 Dangerous Habits That May Cause Cancer
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
- Finance Gold Hits 7-Year High As Caronavirus Fears Persist
- Travel Top 6 Places To Visit In India To Observe Maha Shivratri!
The Central Government announced, over the weekend, that Mr Anand Mahindra, the Chairman at the Mahindra Group, and Mr Venu Srinivasan, the Chairman and Managing Director at the TVS Motor Company, would both be recipients of the Padma Bhushan award.
Both gentlemen are being awarded the third-highest civilian award in the Republic of India, for their contribution to the trade and industry fields of commerce.
Mr Mahindra has played a major and rather active role in diversifying the Mahindra Group, and taking trade to the global arena. Mr Mahindra became the Deputy Managing Director their automobile division, Mahindra & Mahindra in 1991, and Chairman of the group in 2012.
Anand Mahindra has contributed immensely to the growth of the automotive division under his leadership, and has led the company to many lucrative and successful partnerships with other global brands. Mr Mahindra is also well known for his philanthropic work, and his social media presence.
Headquartered at Mumbai, India, the Mahindra Group currently has business interests in aerospace, agribusiness, automotive, construction, defense, energy, information technology, hospitality, real estate, and retail among other businesses.
The Group recently announce that Mr Mahindra was stepping down as Executive Chairman of the Board, but will continue as the Non-Executive Chairman starting 1 April this year.
Mr Venu Srinivasan became the Managing Director of Sundaram-Clayton in 1979, and Chairman of the TVS Motor Company during the late 1980s, at a time when the company had labour trouble, striking workers, and accumulating losses.
Mr Srinivasan shut the factory down for three months, forcing the unions to give in, upgraded the factories, invested in new technology, and introduced Total Quality Management - a Japanese method of process driven management.
Under his leadership TVS Motor Company separated from Suzuki, and launched its first in-house built TVS Victor. His leadership has made TVS has become the country's third largest manufacturer of two-wheelers, and also manufacturers motorcycles for German auto giants BMW.
Thoughts About Mr Anand Mahindra And Mr Venu Srinivasan Being Awarded The Padma Bhushan Award
First of, congratulations to both gentlemen. Both Mr Mahindra and Mr Srinivasan have done a massive amount of work in their respective industries, and have contributed to the overall growth of the country. Well done and well deserved!