- 4 hrs ago Geneva Motor Show 2020 Cancelled Due To Coronavirus Alert
- 10 hrs ago Vahan Database To Display Partially Concealed Names Of Vehicle Owners: Ministry Of Transport
- 13 hrs ago Hero Super Splendor BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 67,300, Ex-Showroom, Delhi
- 1 day ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 BS6 (First Ride) Review: Crafted To Be More Invisible Than Before
- News Delhi violence: Distress calls unanswered for 48-72 hours, police absent, report reveals
- Movies Gauri Khan Thinks Her Husband Shah Rukh Khan Will Take To Designing Some Day
- Sports Hardik Pandya returns to cricket pitch post back surgery, hits 4 towering sixes in his quickfire knock
- Technology Vivo V19 Official Renders Show Design, Colors And More
- Lifestyle 11 Benefits Of Drinking Water On An Empty Stomach
- Education UPSC Tie-breaking Principals For Civil Services And Other Exams
- Finance India’s Eight Core Industries Grew At 2.2% In January
- Travel March 2020: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
Amazon India has introduced a vast fleet of three and four wheeler electric vehicles that will deliver the products across the nation. As of now, these vehicles will operate in over 20 cities, including Delhi-NCR, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Pune, Nagpur, and Coimbatore.
At a press conference, the company stated, "Amazon India has been working with several Indian OEMs to build a fleet of vehicles that ensure sustainable and safe deliveries of customer orders. Significant progress in the Indian e-mobility industry in the last few years has led to advanced technology, and superior motor and battery components."
Amazon India has been working with OEMs to develop these vehicles.The company aims to have a fleet size of 10,000 electric vehicles by the year 2025, and a fleet of over 1 lakh electric vehicles by 2030. Amazon India expects to save 4 million metric tons of carbon per year by using electric delivery vehicles.
The company also said, "Also, the government's focus to encourage the adoption of electric vehicles in the country, and steps towards setting up of charging infrastructure with the FAME 2 policy has helped the company accelerate and chart its vision for EVs in India."
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Jeff Bezos (@jeffbezos) on Jan 19, 2020 at 7:02pm PST
Amazon's CEO Jeff Bezos tweeted that the company has started to roll out its fleet of electric delivery rickshaws. He added, "Fully electric. Zero carbon. #ClimatePledge." The tweet also contains a video of Jeff Bezos riding one of the electric delivery three-wheelers.
Akhil Saxena, Vice President, Customer Fulfillment - APAC & Emerging Markets, Amazon, said, "At Amazon India, we are committed to building a supply chain that will minimize the environmental impact of our operations. The expansion of our Electric Vehicle fleet to 10,000 vehicles by 2025 is an integral milestone in our journey to become an energy-efficient leader in the industry. We will continue to invest in the electrification of our delivery fleet, thereby reducing our dependence on non-renewable resources."
Thoughts On Amazon Launching EVs For Delivery
It is very thoughtful of Amazon to take such a step in saving the environment from carbon emissions and since EVs are the future of mobility, we think every manufacturer should focus on taking such initiatives to protect the environment.