- 6 hrs ago 5 Friends, 5 Borders, 5,000 Kilometers & Unlimited Experiences: Great Independence Day Ride Series
- 8 hrs ago Bookings For The All-New Toyota Urban Cruiser Will Commence By The End Of August 2020
- 8 hrs ago BGAUSS Partners With MoneyTap To Offer Attractive Financing Options To Its Customers
- 9 hrs ago Honda Amaze Sales Crosses 4 Lakh Mark Since 2013: Achieves New Milestone
- Sports Serena holds off Venus in hard-fought Top Seed Open clash
- Movies Lokesh Kanagaraj Is Not Directing Kaithi Hindi Remake: To Concentrate On Tamil Cinema!
- News UAE announces normalisation of diplomatic ties with Israel under deal brokered by Trump
- Finance July Retail Inflation Climbs To 6.93% On High Food Prices
- Lifestyle Acupressure For Headache: The Best Pressure Points For Relief And Precautions
- Technology Telegram's Video Calling Feature Now Available For Beta Users
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In West Bengal In August
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Hyundai has announced that the 2020 Creta bookings crossed 40,000 mark in the Indian market. The mid-size SUV has managed to achieve yet another milestone within just a few months of launch. The company had launched the new Creta just before the lockdown happened and Hyundai had also received 14,000 pre-bookings ahead of its launch.
The bookings showed that the demand for the diesel variant received 67 per cent bookings and the petrol variant contributed to 33 per cent of the total sales. Some of the highlighted features on the SUV include a new steering wheel design with mounted controls, a seven-inch digital instrument cluster, a 10.25-inch horizontally-positioned touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and the brand's latest ‘Blue-Link' connected technology; among others.
Safety features on the Creta include a (TPMS) Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, multiple airbags, ABS with EBD, electric parking brake, rear parking camera and more. The Creta retails at a starting price of Rs 9.99 lakh, while the top-of-the-line variant that features turbo-petrol engine mated to DCT gearbox costs Rs 17.2 lakh. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The Creta is available in 14 different variants, three engine and powertrain options. This includes the 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engines, and the 1.4-litre T-GDI turbo-petrol unit. All three engines will come mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox with an optional automatic transmission. The 1.5-litre petrol and diesel units come mated to a six-speed IVT and torque converter unit, respectively. While the 1.4-litre turbo-petrol engine comes mated to a seven-speed DCT gearbox.
In other recent Hyundai news, the company launched the BS6-compliant diesel-powered Elantra sedan in the Indian market. The car is offered in two variants: SX and SX(O) and is available with a starting price of Rs 18.70 lakh for the base and Rs 20.65 lakh for the top-spec trim. Both prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new Hyundai Elantra BS6 diesel uses an updated version of the same 1.5-litre CRDi engine. It produces 114bhp of power at 4000rpm and 250Nm of peak torque at 1,750rpm. The base SX variant receives a six-speed manual transmission, while the SX(O) trim comes with a six-speed automatic gearbox.
Thoughts About The 2020 Hyundai Creta
Hyundai has given yet another successful product to the Indian market. The 2020 Creta's success is because of its all-new styling, added features and host of powertrain options. The Hyundai Creta rivals the Kia Seltos, the Tata Harrier, the MG Hector and the Jeep Compass; among others in the Indian market.