- 5 hrs ago Geneva Motor Show 2020 Cancelled Due To Coronavirus Alert
- 11 hrs ago Vahan Database To Display Partially Concealed Names Of Vehicle Owners: Ministry Of Transport
- 13 hrs ago Hero Super Splendor BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 67,300, Ex-Showroom, Delhi
- 1 day ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 BS6 (First Ride) Review: Crafted To Be More Invisible Than Before
- News Delhi violence: Distress calls unanswered for 48-72 hours, police absent, report reveals
- Movies Gauri Khan Thinks Her Husband Shah Rukh Khan Will Take To Designing Some Day
- Sports Hardik Pandya returns to cricket pitch post back surgery, hits 4 towering sixes in his quickfire knock
- Technology Vivo V19 Official Renders Show Design, Colors And More
- Lifestyle 11 Benefits Of Drinking Water On An Empty Stomach
- Education UPSC Tie-breaking Principals For Civil Services And Other Exams
- Finance India’s Eight Core Industries Grew At 2.2% In January
- Travel March 2020: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
BMW, Mercedes Benz, and Land Rover are the 'most preferred' sought after names when one looks for an armoured vehicle car or SUV. Sweden based auto giant Volvo has just joined that list of names. They have just about announced the launch of their bulletproof and bomb-proof XC90 Armoured SUV.
The armoured XC90 looks like a standard Volvo XC90, but that's about it. The armoured variant features a lot of steel and bulletproof glass, which has pushed the weight of the SUV to a massive 4.5 tons. In comparison, standard XC90 has a curb weight of roughly 2.2 tons.
Volvo's all new armoured XC90 SUV is obviously meant for high-profile businessmen, politicians, diplomats, heads of state, and the likes.
Volvo has put in loads of effort and manpower hours to create this beast of an SUV. The vehicle took a total of two years to design and develop. The Volvo XC90 Armoured vehicle is listed among the best armoured SUVs in the world, and has been awarded the second highest VPAM protection rating of VR8. This means XC90 can effectively resist explosives in addition to providing 60-degree ballistic protection.
Volvo is offering the XC90 Armoured SUV as a T6 AWD Inscription trim. The armour has been built by TRASCO at its facility in Bremen, Germany. The SUV features 10mm thick high-strength steel, and 50mm thick glass.
The steel and glass add about 1.4 tons to the SUV. With other protective add-ons, the total weight of XC90 Armoured SUV stands at a whopping 4,490 kg. Volvo has not released other information about the vehicle's armour and protective add-ons, as the company says this is classified information.
What they have revealed is that in order to support the additional weight, the XC90 Armoured SUV features upgraded suspension. Braking systems have also been upgraded to ensure efficient braking.
Volvo also offers other bulletproof cars, and also semi-armoured models such as the XC60 T6 AWD and XC90 T6 AWD Inscription. Customers who have booked these semi-armoured vehicles can expect deliveries by next year, however, the XC90 T6 AWD Inscription deliveries will start at some point in 2020.
Thoughts About The Fully Armoured XC90 T6 AWD Inscription
Volvo has always built high quality cars and SUVs. We're sure the fully armoured XC90 T6 AWD Inscription is a top of the line build and the vehicle will have a loyal list of clients. What we really want to know is the upgrades that Volvo has made under the bonnet. The engine must be really powerful to pull 4.4 tons of metal and glass, and obviously armoured cars need to be fast enough to 'get away' from a danger zone. Time to see who we can call.