- 12 min ago Ford Endeavour Sport Launched In India: Priced At Rs 35.10 Lakh
- 46 min ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Pro And 1100 Sport Pro Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 11.95 Lakh
- 1 hr ago Renault Increases The Price Of The Triber MPV Once Again: Here Are The New Prices
- 3 hrs ago Tesla Likely To Establish A Research Centre In Bengaluru: Read More To Find Out
- Lifestyle Rose Day Welfare of Cancer patients: What Should You Not Eat When You Have Cancer?
- Sports IPL 2020: Royal Challengers Bangalore batsman AB de Villiers surprised to find form so early
- Education IIT Guwahati Convocation 2020: Prime Minister Modi Address Students Virtually
- Movies Ka Pae Ranasingam On Zee Plex: Netizens Troll Makers, Say AC Theatres Charge Less Than Them
- Finance Last Day To Link Aadhaar With Ration Card Draws Near
- Technology Poco X3 With Qualcomm Snapdragon 732G Chipset Launched In India; Better Than Competition?
- News Prime Minister Narendra Modi to hold discussions with Sri Lankan counterpart on September 26
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
German auto manufacturer Volkswagen is preparing to unveil the India-spec VW T-Cross compact SUV at the Auto Expo 2020. The India bound T-Cross will feature cosmetic changes over the global models.
Rumor has it that the soon to be unveiled Volkswagen T-Cross will feature more chrome, a revised suspension set up, and a longer wheelbase (an extra 100mm). The longer wheelbase is to help make the SUV a more spacious five-seater.
The soon to be launched T-Cross compact SUV will be built on Volkswagen's MQB A0 platform. The company will offer only turbocharged petrol engines across the T-Cross range. Also expected to be on offer are six-speed manual, and seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmissions.
The 1.0-litre three-cylinder petrol engine featured on the T-Cross is expected to produce 115bhp of power and 200Nm of torque. A bigger, 1.5-liter four-cylinder turbo petrol engine that produces 128bhp of power and 200Nm of torque will also be on offer. While there is no official statement, rumor has it that a CNG-Petrol option could be offered in future.
The VW T-Cross is expected to launch in India between late 2020 and early 2021. The SUV is likely to have a high level of localization and this could see the T-Cross being priced between Rs 11 lakh and Rs 15 lakh (ex-showroom, India). Should Volkswagen manage this pricing, the T-Cross will become the brand's first affordable SUV.
Thoughts About The Volkswagen T-Cross
The compact SUV segment is where are the action is and VW is entering the game a little late. The competition is heavy and unforgiving. We hope Volkswagen have brought their A game to the T-Cross. While we're not very impressed about how the T-Cross looks like in the pictures, we know performance will be as efficient as can be. As always, pricing is the most critical factor in Indian markets, and we hope VW are able to achieve this with the localization of the soon to be unveiled and eventually launched T-Cross compact SUV. We wish them all the best!