- 10 min ago Renault Kwid Facelift Interiors Spied Ahead Of India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 1 hr ago Ather 340 Electric Scooter Discontinued: Here’s Why
- 1 hr ago TVS NTorq 125 Facelift With LED Headlamp & New Design Teased Through Short Video
- 2 hrs ago Petrol & Diesel Prices In India To Increase Due To Drone Attacks On Saudi Arabian Oil Fields
- Sports Danone Nations Cup and La Liga renew their alliance for grassroots football
- News CBI court remands D K Shivakumar to judicial custody till Oct 1
- Movies Sonam Kapoor: Although The Zoya Factor Is About Luck, Everything Went Wrong While Shooting It!
- Lifestyle Vidya Balan's Shakuntala Devi Poster Look Is About Red Floral Sari And A Bob Hairdo
- Technology Samsung Experience Centre Opera House Gets New IoT Zone On Its First Anniversary
- Finance Gold And Silver Prices In India Relapse
- Education NIOS Admit Card Released For Class 10 And 12 Sep/Oct 2019 Board Exam
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
German auto manufacturer Volkswagen is preparing to unveil the India-spec VW T-Cross compact SUV at the Auto Expo 2020. The India bound T-Cross will feature cosmetic changes over the global models.
Rumor has it that the soon to be unveiled Volkswagen T-Cross will feature more chrome, a revised suspension set up, and a longer wheelbase (an extra 100mm). The longer wheelbase is to help make the SUV a more spacious five-seater.
The soon to be launched T-Cross compact SUV will be built on Volkswagen's MQB A0 platform. The company will offer only turbocharged petrol engines across the T-Cross range. Also expected to be on offer are six-speed manual, and seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmissions.
The 1.0-litre three-cylinder petrol engine featured on the T-Cross is expected to produce 115bhp of power and 200Nm of torque. A bigger, 1.5-liter four-cylinder turbo petrol engine that produces 128bhp of power and 200Nm of torque will also be on offer. While there is no official statement, rumor has it that a CNG-Petrol option could be offered in future.
The VW T-Cross is expected to launch in India between late 2020 and early 2021. The SUV is likely to have a high level of localization and this could see the T-Cross being priced between Rs 11 lakh and Rs 15 lakh (ex-showroom, India). Should Volkswagen manage this pricing, the T-Cross will become the brand's first affordable SUV.
Thoughts About The Volkswagen T-Cross
The compact SUV segment is where are the action is and VW is entering the game a little late. The competition is heavy and unforgiving. We hope Volkswagen have brought their A game to the T-Cross. While we're not very impressed about how the T-Cross looks like in the pictures, we know performance will be as efficient as can be. As always, pricing is the most critical factor in Indian markets, and we hope VW are able to achieve this with the localization of the soon to be unveiled and eventually launched T-Cross compact SUV. We wish them all the best!