- 3 hrs ago Mercedes Developing Heated Seat Belts — Hopes To Motivate People To Use Them
- 4 hrs ago Ssangyong Tivoli Facelift Unveiled In South Korea — Features A New Engine And Tweaked Interiors
- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Bookings Cross The 17000 Mark — India Loves The Korean Bestseller
- 5 hrs ago Skoda Unveils 2020 Superb — Tech Overload
- News 2019 Lok Sabha election results: UP alone sends six Muslim MPs to Parliament, none from the BJP
- Sports Boxing: Mary Kom, Shiva Thapa dominate finals as Amit Panghal fights his way to gold at 2nd India Open
- Movies Prabhas Starrer Saaho's Rumours Have Been Busted; Are The Fans Disappointed?
- Lifestyle Cannes 2019 Diary: Who Looked The Most Flawless At amfAR Gala 2019?
- Finance Ashok Leyland's Q4 Profit Declines 12%; Board Declares Dividend
- Technology Oppo K3 vs other mid-range smartphones with 6GB RAM
- Education HSCAP Allotment Result 2019 Kerala Released
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
SAIC Volkswagen has revealed a new variant of the Volkswagen Polo for the Chinese market at the ongoing Shanghai Auto Show 2019. It is called the Volkswagen Polo Plus and comes with sporty looks but it lacks premium features.
The Polo Plus is larger in size than the Polo currently on sale in India and China. The Volkswagen Polo Plus comes with a dual-tone yellow and black finish, sporty-looking new 16-inch diamond-cut wheels, LED Tail-lamps, a subtle new rear spoiler, and faux dual-pipe exhaust system with the outlets finished in chrome.
It is a lower variant because it misses out on LED DRLs and the larger 17-inch wheels seen on most international variants. However, it does looks sportier because of the aesthetic additions discussed before. The same theme has been carried to the interiors of the Polo Plus as well.
It comes with a sporty dual-tone interior theme. The dashboard sports yellow highlights and so does the centre console and door. The rest of the interior is finished in black and that includes the seats. Small patches of silver further improve the seats' styling.
It features a touchscreen infotainment system with steering-mounted controls connected to four speakers and and four tweeters from beats. However, premium features like Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are missing from the touchscreen unit.
Also missing from the interiors of the Polo are features like the automatic climate control system and neck restraints. However, what it does offer is - rear camera, sunroof, and an overall more attractive interior.
Safety is taken care of as it features ABS with EBD, ESP and multiple airbags. There have been no mechanical changes made to the Polo Plus and it still continues to be powered by the same 1.5-litre petrol engine as the standard Polo on sale in China. The front wheels are driven via a 5-speed manual or a 6-speed automatic gearbox.
Would Volkswagen Launch The Polo Plus In India?
It is highly unlikely that the Volkswagen Polo Plus would be Launched in India, as the current-generation Polo is expected to remain on showroom floors for a couple of years. However, we are sure that Indian customers would love to have a Polo that looks sportier, just like the Polo Plus showcased for the Chinese market.
Thoughts On Volkswagen Polo Plus Revealed In China
The Volkswagen Polo is facing tough competition from its rivals, as all its rivals have been updated fairly recently, but the Volkswagen Polo soldiers on just the same. If sales of the Polo should continue, Volkswagen would need to bring in an update pretty soon.