- 8 hrs ago Mahindra Thar SUVs Spotted At Dealerships Without Infotainment System: Here Are The Details
- 9 hrs ago Hyundai N-Line Coming To India: New i20 N-Line Hatchback Expected To Go On Sale In Mid-2021
- 11 hrs ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 12 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- News Give names of perpetrators: Delhi Police issues notice to farmer leader Darshan Pal
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 27 Highlights: Nikki Fights Vikas And Devoleena; Arshi Talks To Rahul About Vikas
- Finance Analysts Recommend Avoiding Yes Bank; See Stock Falling Further
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Kerala Blasters FC vs Jamshedpur FC: Unlucky Kerala shares spoils with Jamshedpur
- Education RRB NTPC Admit Card 2021 Phase-3, Check Region-wise Links
- Lifestyle Are Papayas A Healthy Choice For People With Diabetes?
- Travel February 2021: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
- Technology Realme Narzo 30A Gets NBTC, BIS Certifications; Hints India Launch As Well
Mahindra Electric has announced the deployment of its electric vehicles on well-known ride-hailing app Uber. Uber and Mahindra started this partnership by flagging off 50 electric vehicles in the city of Hyderabad.
The 50 vehicles includes the Mahindra eVerito and the e2O. Uber and Mahindra Electric intend to expand this partnership to other major cities as soon as possible. In November 2017, Mahindra announced its agreement with Uber to supply electric cars. The deal has now come to fruition with the first batch of vehicles being deployed in Hyderabad.
Obviously, 50 vehicles would not be adequate enough for a city the size of Hyderabad, hence Uber has announced that the company would be adding more electric cars to its fleet in Hyderabad even as it expands to other cities.
More than 30 common-use charging points have been set up by public and private sector players and the electric taxis operated by Uber will makes use of these charging points.
Mahesh Babu, CEO - Mahindra Electric was quoted as saying, "Our collaboration with Uber is aimed at accelerating the large scale adoption of electric vehicles on shared mobility platforms, thereby driving a positive change in daily commute."
"Today while thanking the Telangana Government for its support, we are excited to embark on this journey to make shared EV commute eco-friendly and transform the way people in Hyderabad commute. Going forward we plan to further deploy our vehicles across multiple cities on the Uber platform."
As part of the program drivers partners of Uber can avail Mahindra Electric vehicles and comprehensive maintenance packages at competitive prices. The drivers will also be able to get lower insurance premiums and lower rates of interest on financing schemes.
Thoughts On Mahindra Electric Cars Deployed As Uber Taxis In Hyderabad
Uber is the largest ride-hailing app in the world with presence in multiple countries. In India, the American brand is involved in a tough fight with Indian cab aggregator Ola. By launching electric cars, Uber has displayed better preparedness for the future and Mahindra Electric has made things in the electric car landscape a lot better.