- 1 day ago Tata Motors Announces Discounts & Benefits Of Up To Rs 1.50 Lakh On Select Models
- 1 day ago Renault BS-VI Turbo-Petrol Engines Confirmed For India: Will Feature On The Duster & Captur SUVs
- 1 day ago KTM Increases Prices Of The Duke 125 & RC 125 Models In India
- 1 day ago Piaggo Hikes Prices Of Vespa & Aprilia Scooters In India: Also Offers Other Festive Benefits
- News MoS Gangwar stirs massive controversy with "North Indians lack qualifications" remark
- Sports Virat Kohli urges youngsters to grab 4-5 opportunities to impress team management, cites own example
- Movies Sye Raa Climax Leaked: Chiranjeevi Fans In For A Shock
- Lifestyle Microcytic Anemia: Symptoms, Causes, Risk Factors, Treatment, And Prevention
- Technology Tata Sky On WhatsApp: Check Balance, Add Packs And More
- Finance Govt Employees Will Get Housing Advance At Lower Interest Rates
- Education HSSC Clerk Admit Card 2019 Released
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Japanese auto manufacturer Toyota is giving the Yaris a mild upgrade with the hope of kick-starting sales for the model. The Yaris has been a failure for Toyota but the company is not ready to give up yet.
The all-new Toyota Yaris face lift will feature mild upgrades that are aimed at making the car more upmarket. The Yaris will feature a dual-tone roof, and diamond-cut alloy wheels to make the vehicle more premium.
The cabin will feature new leatherette seat upholstery, and the rear seat will feature new bolstering for added comfort. In addition, the touchscreen infotainment system will now be Android Auto and Apple CarPlay compatible.
Toyota will not make any mechanical changes to the Yaris facelift. The vehicle will still feature the 1.5-litre petrol engine that produces 106bhp of power and 140Nm of peak torque. The Yaris is available in four trims – J, G, V and VX. All variants are available with a six-speed manual and CVT options.
Safety features on the Toyota Yaris facelift will include disc brakes on all wheels, ABS, EBD, dual front airbags, TPMS, ESP, Hill Hold Assist, Reverse Parking Sensors, Traction Control and ISOFIX mounts.
The Yaris currently retails for between Rs 9.29 lakh and Rs 14.07 lakh (ex-showroom, India). We expect that the company will reduces prices to make the vehicle more affordable, and also to help boost sales.
Thoughts About The Mild Upgrades Being Given To The Yaris
We're think these minor upgrades should have been done some time ago. The Yaris has been one of Toyota's failures and it is rather late now. There are rumors that Toyota is planning to stop production of the Yaris and sell a re-badged Ciaz instead. While the company isn't giving up on the Yaris, we they need to turn those rumors to reality.