- 11 min ago Indian Two-Wheeler Sales Will Decline Drastically Due To The COVID-19 Pandemic
- 1 hr ago MG Motor's Plan Of Launching The Hector Plus And Gloster Remains Unchanged
- 2 hrs ago Tata Group To Set up A Hospital In Kasaragod With Quarantine Facilities
- 3 hrs ago Mahindra Scorpio BS6 Specification Revealed — Will be Available In Four Variants
- Finance Petrol, Diesel Prices Untouched For 24 Straight Days Even As Demand Slids Over 50%
- Technology Buying Guide: Best Premium Smartphones To Buy In India In April 2020
- News 'Your leadership helping Humanity': Donald Trump thanks Modi for supplying Hydroxychloroquine to US
- Movies Varun Dhawan Joins Hands With Flipkart And Launches A Stay-At-Home Reality Show
- Lifestyle Lockdown Fitness: Home Exercises To Help You Burn Calories
- Sports Neymar welcome anytime at Barca, says Suarez
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Sikkim In April
- Education CBSE Academic Calendar 2020-21 For Class 1 To 12
Toyota is all set to launch its premium MPV in the Indian market, with the Vellfire. The Toyota Vellfire MPV will be positioned above the popular Innova Crysta in the brand's product lineup.
Ahead of its launch, Autocar India has reported that certain company dealerships have started accepting bookings for the Vellfire MPV in the Indian market. Reports also state that the deliveries for the Vellfire premium MPV will begin from March 2020.
The Toyota Vellfire will be offered in a six-seater configuration and will be imported into the country as a CBU (Completely Built Unit). It will take advantage of the government's relaxation towards the homologation of models.
Once launched in India, the new Toyota Vellfire MPV will be powered by a 2.5-litre petrol hybrid powertrain. The engine produces a total of 150bhp, which is coupled with a 143hp electric motor, taking the combined power output to 197bhp.
This is the same engine which powers the Lexus NX300h. The Vellfire will also carry forward the same e-CVT automatic gearbox, which will send power to all four wheels.
In terms of features, the Toyota Vellfire will be offered with a host of equipment. This includes power-adjustable front and second row of seats, power-sliding rear doors and tailgate, three-zone climate control, two sunroofs, mood lighting, ventilated seats for the front driver and passenger and a host of others.
In terms of safety equipment, the Toyota Vellfire will come with all the standard equipment, along with a host of others. This includes ABS with EBD, disc brakes on all four, front and rear parking camera, 360-degree parking assist, vehicle stability control, traction control, multiple airbags all-around and a host of others as well.
The premium MPV model from the Japanese brand has already been spotted arriving at dealerships across India. This along with the start of unofficial bookings indicate a launch in the coming weeks.
Thoughts On The Toyota Vellfire MPV Unofficial Bookings
Many Toyota dealerships seem to have started accepting bookings for the premium MPV in the market. The Vellfire is expected to be priced quite high at around Rs 80 lakh, ex-showroom. Once launched in the Indian market, the Toyota Vellfire MPV will rival other premium offerings in the segment. This includes the Mercedes-Benz V-Class and the upcoming Kia Carnival.