- 2 hrs ago Korean Designer Features Hot Water Bath In Car — Where’s The Rest Of The House?
- 3 hrs ago Skoda India Just Rolled Out Its One Hundred Thousandth Rapid — We’re On A Roll!
- 3 hrs ago Weirdest Things Brought To Car Test Drives Includes Snakes & A Horse — Here’s The List
- 3 hrs ago Kia Motors To Officially Unveil The Seltos Tomorrow — Ready For A Power Surprise?
- News Tejashwi Yadav may be in England for cricket world cup, says RJD leader Amid encephalitis crisis
- Movies DISTURBING! Hrithik Roshan's Sister Sunaina Says, 'My Father SLAPPED Me Because I Love A Muslim Guy'
- Sports Rohit's career took off after 2011 World Cup snub, says former coach Lad
- Lifestyle International Yoga Day: How To Lose Weight With Yoga
- Technology Xiaomi Teases The Launch Of Its Mi Electric Shaver In India – All You Need To Know
- Finance Bengaluru Enters Top 10 APAC Cities List For Real Estate FDI
- Education SSC CHSL Admit Card 2019 Released For Tier I Examination
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
2,142 units of the Toyota Glanza have been sold in May 2019. The Toyota Glanza is off to a decent start in the Indian market with 2,142 units booked even before it was actually launched.
The Toyota Glanza was launched on 06 June, 2019 but dealerships had started accepting bookings from the second week of May 2019, and these pre-bookings have brought the number up to 2,142 units.
The Toyota Glanza is the much-awaited hatchback and the first product to come out of the Maruti Suzuki-Toyota partnership. Maruti Suzuki & Toyota entered into a partnership for product and technology sharing back in March 2018. As part of this agreement, both companies would be sharing a few products with each other along with technologies.
Toyota made the first move and picked the Baleno and rebadged it into the Toyota Glanza. Toyota has made some changes in terms of design. The front end of the Toyota Glanza comes with a new two-slat grille that makes it look like it is part of the Toyota family. It also comes with a redesigned bumper with new fog lamp mounts and an air dam.
The hatchback comes with LED projector headlamps, diamond-cut alloy wheels, LED tail lamps and a chrome lip under the rear windscreen. The Toyota Glanza also comes with other premium features like the Playcast touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. It has smartphone-based navigation, steering mounted control and even the voice command features.
Automatic air-conditioning, electrical ORVMs, keyless entry and go, dual front airbags, ABS with EBD and Brake Assist, electrochromic inner rear view mirror, reverse parking camera and ISOFIX child seat anchors are a few of the features that the Toyota Glanza comes with.
Since it is based on the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, the Toyota Glanza also makes use of the same 1.2-litre, four-cylinder petrol engine. In the G variant with manual transmission, it produces 88.4bhp. While in the V variant with manual transmission and G and V variants with the CVT transmission, it produces 81.7bhp. The manual gearbox is a 5-speed unit and the CVT gearbox is also a 5-step unit.
All these features put together make the Toyota Glanza an interesting car because it is priced lower than the Baleno it is based on and certainly feels more premium. It is to be noted that the 2,142 units sold in less than a month even before it was actually launched, actually puts the Toyota Glanza amongst the top-three in its segment.
The Maruti Suzuki Baleno takes the highest sales in the segment at 15,176 units and the Hyundai i20 Elite takes second place with 8,958 units and the Toyota Glanza stands third at 2,142 units.
Thoughts On Toyota Glanza Gets A Decent Start With 2,142 Bookings In May 2019
It has to be kept in mind that May 2019 has seen the biggest dip in passenger vehicle sales in the last 18 years. In May 2019, the Maruti Suzuki Baleno saw a dip of 4,222 units when compared to May 2018 and the Hyundai 120 Elite saw a dip of 1,706 units.
In comparison then, the Toyota Glanza has done reasonably well. However, the real test will be during the month of June 2019 since the Toyota Glanza was launched at the start of the month and the automotive industry continues facing the slowdown challenge.