- 27 min ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Pro And 1100 Sport Pro Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 11.95 Lakh
- 1 hr ago Renault Increases The Price Of The Triber MPV Once Again: Here Are The New Prices
- 3 hrs ago Tesla Likely To Establish A Research Centre In Bengaluru: Read More To Find Out
- 18 hrs ago MG Hector Dual-Tone Variant Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.84 Lakh
- Technology Poco X3 With Qualcomm Snapdragon 732G Chipset Launched In India; Better Than Competition?
- News Prime Minister Narendra Modi to hold discussions with Sri Lankan counterpart on September 26
- Movies Khaali Peeli Trailer: Ishaan, Ananya Are On The Run From Cops And A 'Menacing' Jaideep Ahlawat
- Sports Why Cengiz Under looks to be a great signing for Brendan Rodgers
- Finance Vodafone Idea Slips 7% On Reports That It May Need To Pay 10% AGR Dues By Mar
- Lifestyle To Fast Or Not To Fast! A Nutritionist’s View On Fasting, Its Benefits And Side Effects
- Education CBSE Class 12 Compartment Exam Date 2020 Schedule
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Toyota Kirloskar Motors launched their new model, the Glanza in the Indian market earlier this year. The Toyota Glanza has been performing consistently for the brand in the market in terms of monthly sales.
For the month of August 2019, the Toyota Glanza registered 2,322 units of sales, making it the third best-selling premium hatchback in the segment. The Toyota Glanza sales overtook the likes of the Volkswagen Polo, Ford Freestyle and the Honda Jazz; all of whom recorded a massive slump in sales.
|Model||August 2019 ||August 2018 ||Difference (%)|
|Maruti Suzuki Baleno||11,067||17,713||-37.52|
|Hyundai Elite i20||7,071||11,475||-38.38|
The Volkswagen Polo registered a decline of 17.17 per cent sales with just 1,573 units in the previous month as compared to 1,899 units in August 2018. The Ford Freestyle has had the worst decline in August, registering a drop of over 74 percent from 2,564 units in August 2018 to just 647 units in the previous month.
The Honda Jazz comes in last with just 558 units of sales in August 2019. The model registered a drop of 50.13 per cent compared to August 2018 when it registered 1,119 units of sales.
The top two slots on the list continue to be occupied by the Maruti Suzuki Baleno and the Hyundai Elite i20 hatchbacks, respectively. The Maruti Baleno recorded 11,067 units in the previous month while the Elite i20 registered 7.071 units of sales in August 2019.
However, compared to August 2018 both the Baleno and the Elite i20 have witnessed a significant drop in sales. The Maruti Suzuki Baleno registered a 37.57 per cent decline while the Hyundai Elite i20 recorded a de-growth of 38.38 per cent.
The Toyota Glanza is essentially a rebadged version of the Maruti Suzuki Baleno in the Indian market. The Toyota Glanza is available in two variants: V & G. It also comes with a host of features, most of it borrowed from the Maruti Baleno as well.
In terms of mechanicals, both variants of the Toyota Glanza are powered by a single petrol engine option also borrowed from the Baleno. This includes a 1.2-litre ‘K-series' engine producing 82bhp and 113Nm of torque, mated to either a five-speed manual or a CVT-automatic transmission unit - here are all the details.
Thoughts On The Toyota Glanza Sales In August 2019
The Toyota Glanza is the first product from the Suzuki-Toyota partnership for the indian market. The two Japanese companies are also said to bring in more of such rebadged models in the market soon, apart from working together on introducing electric mobility solutions and technology in India.