- 9 hrs ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 Review: From Race-Track To The Roads!
- 10 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol Model Likely To Launch Next Year In India: Will It Be The Brand’s Fourth Model?
- 12 hrs ago Mercedes-Benz EQC India Launch Timeline Announced: To Arrive Next Month
- 12 hrs ago 2021 Range Rover & Range Rover Sport Prices Announced: Starts At Rs 88.24 Lakh
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati Lottery Message Promising 25 Lakh On Whatsapp Messenger Is Fake
- Sports Rohit Sharma pats Kieron Pollard, Ishan Kishan for keeping Mumbai Indians in the match
- News Sonia Gandhi urges Congress-ruled states to pass laws to negate central farm acts
- Finance RBI May Hold MPC Meet As Early As Next Week
- Lifestyle World Heart Day 2020: Best Foods To Prevent The Risk Of Heart Diseases In Diabetics
- Technology Oppo Reno4 F Officially Teased; Launch Set For October, 2020
- Education CLAT Answer Key 2020: Check Provisional Answer Key
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In October 2020
Toyota Glanza will be receiving a price hike soon in the Indian market. The premium hatchback, based on the Maruti Suzuki Baleno was launched in India earlier this month and is offered with a starting price of Rs 7.22 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
Apart from the price hike on the Toyota Glanza in the Indian market, the company is also said to be working on introducing a new variant to the car's lineup. The new Toyota Glanza variant will be positioned below the current ‘G' base trim. Prices for the new variant will be lower than the ‘G' trim, making it the new base-spec model in the lineup.
The new cheaper variant of the Toyota Glanza is expected to go on sale in the Indian market sometime next month. Toyota will be introducing the new variant during the festive season, in order to attract more sales during the period.
The Toyota Glanza is currently offered in four variants: G, V, G CVT and V CVT. All variants of the premium hatchback are offered with a single petrol engine option. This comes in the form of a 1.2-litre unit, which also powers the Baleno hatchback. The engine produces 83bhp and 113Nm of torque and is mated to either a five-speed manual or CVT automatic transmission.
The G MT variant of the Toyota Glanza is also offered with a mild-hybrid system with the 1.2-litre petrol. This helps it produce an additional 7bhp of power output. The engine on the Toyota Glanza is also BS-VI compliant as well.
The Toyota Glanza is essentially a re-badged version of the Maruti Suzuki Baleno. It carries forward the same components, features and specs. However, the differentiating factor between the two premium hatchback is in terms of warranty and other customer service. The Toyota Glanza offers a better 5-year/220,000 extended warranty package, along with 3 years roadside assistance and low maintenance cost.
The Toyota Glanza, although a re-badged hatchback is selling well in India. The Glanza is currently the third best-selling premium hatchback in the Indian market, below the Baleno and the Hyundai Elite i20. Toyota has registered 2,322 units of sales for the Glanza in the month of August 2019.
Thoughts On The Toyota Glanza Price Hike
Toyota Glanza is said to be increasing prices of all its four variants in India soon. However, to offset the price hike the company will also be introducing a cheaper variant of the hatchback in the market. The new cheaper variant will rival the same competition in the form of the Hyundai Elite i20, Volkswagen Polo and the Honda Jazz.