- 1 day ago Tata Motors Announces Discounts & Benefits Of Up To Rs 1.50 Lakh On Select Models
- 1 day ago Renault BS-VI Turbo-Petrol Engines Confirmed For India: Will Feature On The Duster & Captur SUVs
- 1 day ago KTM Increases Prices Of The Duke 125 & RC 125 Models In India
- 1 day ago Piaggo Hikes Prices Of Vespa & Aprilia Scooters In India: Also Offers Other Festive Benefits
- Technology Buying Guide: Best 32MP Selfie Camera Smartphones Available In India
- News Engineering Jobs: POWERGRID announces Executive Trainee vacancies; How to apply
- Movies WHAAT? Salman Khan's LIP-LOCK Scenes With Alia Bhatt Lead To Indifference Between Him & Mr Bhansali?
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Match 94: Telugu Titans Vs Dabang Delhi: Dream 11 Prediction, Fantasy Tips
- Lifestyle Microcytic Anemia: Symptoms, Causes, Risk Factors, Treatment, And Prevention
- Finance Govt Employees Will Get Housing Advance At Lower Interest Rates
- Education HSSC Clerk Admit Card 2019 Released
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
The Toyota Glanza has been launched in the Indian market at a starting price of Rs 7.21 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). The Toyota Glanza is being offered in four variants with prices starting at Rs 7.21 lakh for the G MT variant and going up to Rs 8.90 lakh for the V CVT variant.
Toyota Glanza Price In India
|V CVT ||Rs 8,90,200 |
|G CVT ||Rs 8,29,900 |
|V MT ||Rs 7,58,200 |
|G MT ||Rs 7,21,900 |
The Toyota Glanza is Toyota's badge-engineered version of the Maruti Suzuki Baleno but is being positioned as a more premium alternative. It certainly is more premium with the kind of features being offered with the car.
The hatchback is available only with a petrol engine and choices between a manual gearbox and a CVT gearbox. The Toyota Glanza looks very similar to the Maruti Suzuki Baleno it is based on.
The few aesthetic changes it features include a new front grille that has been styled in the Toyota family's contemporary design language and it gets an extra dose of chrome. Up front is a redesigned bumper and air dam with new fog lamp mounts.
The Toyota Glanza also comes with new headlamps that feature LED projector headlamps with integrated LED DRLs that are a first-in-segment feature. When viewed from the side profile, one's attention is immediately drawn to the new diamond-cut alloy wheels. At the rear are LED tail-lamps with the light guide feature. A chrome lip under the rear windscreen rounds off the features on the exteriors of the Toyota Glanza.
Toyota has also equipped the insides of the Glanza with some premium features. It features a playcast touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. The system also comes with smartphone-based navigation. It also comes with steering-mounted controls for audio and for phone calls. The system is also voice-command enabled.
Adding to these features are automatic air-conditioning, electrically adjustable and foldable ORVMs, smart entry with engine start/stop button. Toyota has also made sure to take care of all your safety needs.
The Toyota Glanza features dual front airbags, ABS with EBD and Brake Assist, Electrochromic inner rear view mirror, reverse parking camera with display on infotainment screen and ISOFIX child seat anchors.
The Toyota Glanza is available with just one engine option — a 1.2-litre K-series, 4-cylinder engine. However, this is available in two states of tune. In the G variant with manual transmission, it produces 88.4bhp.
While in the V variant with manual transmission and G and V variants with the CVT transmission, it produces 81.7bhp. The manual gearbox is a 5-speed unit and the CVT gearbox is also a 5-step unit.
The K-Series engine in the Toyota Glanza is BS-VI compliant. Toyota claims to have improved the low-end torque on the engine, promising better driveability. The Toyota Glanza is equipped with an advanced lithium-ion battery with Integrated Starter Generator (ISG). It enables efficient functioning of the idle start/stop function and the brake energy regeneration function (Only in the G variant with manual transmission).
N Raja, the Deputy Managing Director of Toyota Kirloskar Motor said, "We are happy to announce our entry into the premium hatchback segment to cater to the growing demands of our existing and prospective customers. We are confident that the Glanza, backed by Toyota's unique sales and service efficiency will create a new benchmark in the industry in customer delight."
Bookings for the Toyota Glanza have officially started today and deliveries will commence within the week.
Thoughts On Toyota Glanza Launched In India
Toyota is positioning the Glanza at a premium — a pretty high price. Yes, it is also being offered with several additional features. But, would these features be enough to tell it apart from the Maruti Suzuki Baleno? To the untrained eye, no!
For those who do not know about Toyota and Maruti Suzuki's deal, it will be a Maruti Suzuki Baleno with Toyota badges. It all comes down to how Toyota markets the Glanza in India.