- 14 hrs ago Datsun Redi-GO Facelift Arrives At Dealerships Ahead Of Its Launch
- 15 hrs ago 2021 Kawasaki Z650 BS6 Launched In India: Priced At Rs 5.94 Lakh
- 16 hrs ago Mercedes Benz Special Finance Offers Introduced In India: Here Are ‘Wishbox 2.0’ Details
- 18 hrs ago All-New Skoda Karoq SUV Launched In India: Priced At Rs 24.99 Lakh
- News No backing down say sources on stand off with China
- Technology Gaming With Prime Offers Free Smartphone In-Game Content On Popular Titles
- Finance No Restriction Put On Use Of PoA By Brokers: SEBI
- Lifestyle Is It Safe To Drink Urine?
- Movies Pankaj Dheer Aka Karna Takes A Trip Down Memory Lane As Mahabharat Airs On COLORS
- Sports IOA forms panel to name observer for election of its members, also constitutes NE committee
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
According to Rushlane, The all new Toyota Glanza has started arriving at showrooms across the country. Dealers say that potential buyers can test drive the premium hatchback at some point this week. The Toyota Glanza is the re-badged Maruti Suzuki Baleno. The vehicle is scheduled to launch on 6 June 2019.
The Toyota Glanza is the first vehicle to be launched after the Toyota Suzuki alliance that was penned in 2017 to share technology, cars, and platforms on a global level.
The Toyota Glanza looks similar to the Baleno but features the new Toyota badge and a new front grille. The hatchback will be offered in two variants — the mid-spec V and the top-of-the-line G variant. Both cars will be powered by a 1.2-litre four-cylinder petrol engine.
The engine is BS-VI complaint and produces 83bhp of power an 113Nm of torque. While the engine is mated to a 5-speed manual transmission, CVT variants will be available. Toyota has no plans to offer a diesel variant of the Glanza.
We assume that Toyota will open pre-bookings for the Glanza within the next few weeks. Toyota has not confirmed what the variants will retail at, but we do know that they will be priced higher than the Maruti Suzuki Baleno. The Baleno Zeta trim is priced at Rs 70.5 lakh, and the Alpha trim is priced at Rs 8.99 lakh. Both prices are ex-showroom (India).
Toyota may also offer their standard of warranty of 3 years/1 lakh kilometers. That is more than what Maruti Suzuki is offering at 2 years/ 40,000 kilometers.
Toyota produced 350 units of the Glanza last month at the Suzuki Motor India facility at Gujarat. These first lot cars have either already reached or are headed for Toyota Dealers across the country. While the Glanza is sold under the Toyota brand, sales figures will be incorporated in the Maruti Sales Report in the country. Maruti lists the Glanza under the section 'Sales to other OEM'.
Thoughts About The Toyota Glanza Arriving At Dealerships
We think it is mandatory that new cars arrive to dealerships ahead of launches. We also think it is mandatory that potential buyers are given a chance to experience the car via test drives. We hope the car does well for Toyota. Stay tuned for more developments about the Toyota Glanza