- 49 min ago Renault Kwid Facelift Interiors Spied Ahead Of India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 1 hr ago Ather 340 Electric Scooter Discontinued: Here’s Why
- 2 hrs ago TVS NTorq 125 Facelift With LED Headlamp & New Design Teased Through Short Video
- 3 hrs ago Petrol & Diesel Prices In India To Increase Due To Drone Attacks On Saudi Arabian Oil Fields
- News No trees to be cut in Mumbai's Aarey colony for 15 days: Bombay HC amid protests
- Movies Arjun Kapoor Describes Katrina Kaif’s Backless Maroon Gown In An Epic Way!
- Sports Danone Nations Cup and La Liga renew their alliance for grassroots football
- Lifestyle Vidya Balan's Shakuntala Devi Poster Look Is About Red Floral Sari And A Bob Hairdo
- Technology Samsung Experience Centre Opera House Gets New IoT Zone On Its First Anniversary
- Finance Gold And Silver Prices In India Relapse
- Education NIOS Admit Card Released For Class 10 And 12 Sep/Oct 2019 Board Exam
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Toyota Kirloskar Motors has launched the Fortuner TRD 'Celebratory Edition' in the Indian market. The new Toyota Fortuner TRD is available in a single variant and is priced at Rs 33.85 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new Toyota Fortuner TRD has been designed and developed by the Toyota Racing Development (TRD) and comes with a host of updates, revisions and changes over the standard SUV.
In terms of design, the new Fortuner TRD comes equipped with a revised and more aggressive-looking front and rear bumpers, TRD radiator grille garnish, 18-inch charcoal black alloy wheels, TRD logo all around and a dual-tone roof.
N. Raja, Deputy Managing Director, Toyota Kirloskar Motor Pvt. Ltd. said,
"The Fortuner has been dominating the SUV segment since its launch way back in 2009 and today it is heartening to see this flagship model completing a glorious decade of undisputed leadership, emerging as the ‘SUV of choice' for Indians across the country."
"At Toyota, we believe in the ethos of ‘Customer First' and in-line with the evolving preferences of our customers, we are delighted to introduce the ‘Celebratory Edition' of India's most loved SUV. Packed with best-in-class safety & security features with power & toughness, we are confident that the New Fortuner TRD with its stylish and distinctive looks, will be aspirational for our customers and draw more admirers."
The new Toyota Fortuner TRD comes with a host of features as well. This includes dusk-sensing bi-beam LED projector headlamps with LED DRLs, LED rear combination lamps, LED front fog lamps and rear fog lamps as well.
Chrome accents on the window line with chrome door handles, puddle lamps on the ORVMs and aero-stabilising wings on the ORVMs as well. Also, the ORVMs themselves are electrically adjustable and foldable.
Inside, the new Fortuner TRD comes with sporty black and maroon dual-tone leather seat upholstery, contrast red stitching all around, metal and wood accents on the cabin for ornamentation, large TFT MID on the instrument cluster with turn navigation display, steering-mounted controls, tilt and telescopic steering column and multi-drive modes.
Other standard features also include cruise control, automatic climate control, 60:40 rear split seats, powered tailgate, keyless entry, 8-way driver and front passenger seat adjust, automatic idling start/stop function and push-button start/stop as well.
Safety features on the Fortuner TR: seven-airbags, hill-start assist, brake assist, vehicle stability control, pedestrian protection, emergency brake signal, speed auto-lock and emergency unlock and ISOFIX child seat mounts among others.
The new Toyota Fortuner TRD comes with a single-engine option. This includes a 2.8-litre four-cylinder diesel engine producing 173bhp at 3,400rpm and 400Nm of peak torque at 1,600rpm to 2,400rpm. The engine comes mated to a six-speed automatic transmission as standard with paddle shifters.
Thoughts On The New Toyota Fortuner TRD Launch In India
The Toyota Fortuner TRD has launched in India. The Fortuner TRD is the top-of-the-line model in the SUVs variant lineup in the Indian market. The Fortuner itself is one of the most popular full-size SUVs in India rivalling the likes of the Mahindra Alturas G4 and the Ford Endeavour in the Indian market.