- 7 hrs ago HRC Sign Pol Espargaro For 2021: Alex Marquez Moved To LCR Honda With 2-Year Contract Extension
- 9 hrs ago Kia Sonet World Premiere To Be Held In India Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 9 hrs ago Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle’ Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
- 14 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- Technology Amazon Headsets Days: Up to 50% Off On Headphones And Headsets
- News Trump administration rescinds rule on foreign students
- Movies Mammootty's The Priest: Here Is A Major Announcement!
- Sports 30 former South Africa cricketers issue statement supporting Black Lives Matter movement
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Dark Feet
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
The list of the top-selling SUVs in India for September 2019 has been released. The list of top-10 best-selling SUVs in the country, showcases the Maruti Vitara Brezza regaining the lead from the Hyundai Venue.
The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza is among the most popular SUVs in the Indian market. However, for the past couple of months, the newly launched Hyundai Venue had overtaken the Vitara Brezza in terms of monthly sales. The compact-SUV from Maruti Suzuki is now back at the top of the list with 10,362 units of registered sales in September 2019.
The Hyundai Venue which was the best-selling SUV in the Indian market last month has fallen to the second position. The compact-SUV from Hyundai registered 7,942 units of sales in the month of September 2019.
This although an improvement over August, is still short of the significant gains recorded by its rival, the Maruti Vitara Brezza — here is the list of top-10 SUVs in India for August 2019.
The Kia Seltos maintains its third position in the list. The mid-size SUV registered 7,754 units of sales in September; making it the best-selling SUV in its segment. The SUV is closing in on the sales figure of the Hyundai Venue, which has sold just over 200 units more than the Seltos in the previous month.
The Hyundai Creta and the Mahindra Scorpio complete the top-five positions in the list. The Hyundai Creta sales stood at 6,641 units of sales in September. This is a 40% drop compared to the same month last year when it registered around 11,000 units. The Mahindra Scorpio, on the other hand, registered 3,600 units last month; a drop of just 9% from 3,941 units in September 2018.
|Rank||Models||September 2019||September 2018||Growth (%)|
|1||Maruti Vitara Brezza||10,362||14,425||-28|
Moving to the bottom five in the list, the Ford EcoSport came in sixth with 3,139 units of sales. The Tata Nexon, MG Hector, Mahindra XUV300 and the Honda WR-V followed behind to complete the top-10.
The Tata Nexon registered 2,842 units of sales while the MG Hector was close behind with 2,608 units. The Mahindra XUV300 and the Honda WR-V registered 2,492 and 1,341 units of sales, respectively.
The Mahindra XUV500 just missed out on the top-10 best-selling SUV list, with 1,120 units of sales. The XUV500 came in 11th position, although still higher than some of its newer competition such as the Tata Harrier and the Renault Duster.
The Tata Harrier which was initially received well in the Indian market has been suffering from lack of sales. The SUV registered just 941 units in September, while its rival the Renault Duster registered even lower sales with just 544 units. The high priced Jeep Compass surpassed the sales of the Duster with 603 units during the month of September 2019.
Thoughts On The Top-Selling SUVs In India For September 2019
The Top-Selling SUV in India for September 2019, showcases the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza regain the title of the best-selling SUV in the country. The sales of the Vitara Brezza have picked up, compared to August 2019. Car manufacturers are also hopeful for further improvement in sales in the coming months, with the festive season now in full swing.