- 19 hrs ago 2021 Mahindra XUV500 SUV Spotted Testing Revealing Few Features: Spy Pics & Details
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Jimny Exclusive Production Hub In India: Here Are All Details
- 1 day ago Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Expected To Receive New Colour Scheme: Teased Ahead Of Launch
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR CNG Production Crosses 3 Lakh Unit Mark: New Milestone Achieved
- Education Bhagat Singh Quotes: Top 11 Inspiring Quotes By Bhagat Singh
- Sports Twitter reacts to Tewatia blitz! Yuvi relieved that Tewatia missed one ball
- News Karnataka bandh today over farm bills; Measures taken to ensure normalcy, says govt
- Movies Jayam Ravi's Bhoomi To Go The Direct OTT Way?
- Technology Week 41, 2020 Launch Roundup: OPPO Reno4 SE, Nokia 3.4, Moto E7 Plus, Vivo V20 SE And More
- Finance Sharekhan Places A "Buy" Call On Tech Mahindra
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi Transforms Herself Into A Barbie Doll Of 2099 And Creates Buzz With Her All-Purple Look
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
The list of top-selling MPVs in India for August 2019 has been released. The list of the top-10 best-selling MPVs in India showcases the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga top the list with the highest sales for the month of August 2019.
The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga registered a massive growth of 139% in the Indian market. The company recorded 8,391 units of sales in August 2019 compared to just 3,515 units in August 2018.
The increase in sales for the Ertiga MPV is mainly due to the launch of the second-generation model.
The new Maruti Suzuki Ertiga was launched in the Indian market, late last year and is offered with a host of changes over the previous model. The new Ertiga also comes with a more premium and upmarket feel as well, making it a more attractive offering.
The second on the list is the popular Toyota Innova Crysta, which recorded 4,796 units of sales in August 2019. The company registered a decline of 29% compared to the same month in 2018.
The Toyota Innova Crysta is one of the best-selling products from the Japanese brands in the Indian market; on sale for over 10 years in the country.
The Mahindra Bolero is the third best-selling MUV in the list. The Bolero is a rugged work-horse model from the Indian car manufacturer.
The Mahindra Bolero has been on sale in the Indian market for a long time and helps bring in consistent sales to the company. August 2019 saw the Mahindra Bolero register 3,993 units of sales; a 34% drop from the previous year.
The Renault Triber and the Maruti Suzuki XL6 complete the top-five positions in the list. Both the Renault Triber and the Maruti Suzuki XL6 are brand new models in the Indian car market.
The Renault Triber recorded 2,490 units of sales last month to secure the fourth position in the list. The Maruti Suzuki XL6 followed closely with 2,356 units of sales coming in fifth on the list.
|1||Maruti Suzuki Ertiga||8,391|
|2||Toyota Innova Crysta||4,796|
|5||Maruti Suzuki XL6||2,356|
The bottom five on the list consist of the Mahindra Marazzo, Mahindra Xylo, Honda BR-V, Datsun GO+ and the Tata Hexa. All the bottom five MPVs offerings have managed just triple-digit sales in August 2019.
The Mahindra Marazzo registered 697 units; Xylo recorded 356 units and the Honda BR-V came in at eighth with 175 units. The bottom two MPVs, Datsun GO+ and the Tata Hexa registered 169 and 136 units, respectively to complete the top-10.
Thoughts On The Top-Selling MPVs In India For August 2019
The list of top-selling MPVs in India for August 2019 showcases the Maruti Suzuki leading the way in sales by a good margin. The Toyota Innova Crysta continues to remain second, although it still has a lot of catching up to do. However, the more important change is the presence of the Renault Triber and the Maruti XL6 (a premium 6-seater MPV based on the Ertiga) in the top-five.