- 16 min ago 2019 Datsun Redi-GO Update Launched In India— Receives New Features & Safety Equipment
- 1 hr ago Petrol And Diesel Vehicle Ban Plan In India: Government's Decision Revealed
- 1 hr ago Zomato & Swiggy Team-Up With Pune Traffic Police In Giving Discounts To Law-Abiding Motorists
- 2 hrs ago New Suzuki Gixxer SF MotoGP Edition Launched In India — Priced At Rs 1.10 Lakh
- Lifestyle Congratulations To Arjun Rampal & Gabriella Demetriades! Baby Care Tips For New Parents
- News Can Karnataka rebels be disqualified: What is the Anti-Defection Law and how does it work?
- Technology PUBG 4.1 Beta Update Brings Season 4, New Story Trailer And Lot More
- Sports Imam-ul-Haq averages over 54 in ODIs & isn't a nepotism product
- Movies Rashmika Mandanna Doesn’t Want To Be Any Director’s Puppet! ‘I Might Only Last For Few Years’
- Finance Model Tenancy Act To Give A Fillip To Rental Housing: Here's A Fine Print
- Education DU JAT Result 2019 Released: Check Direct Links And Final Answer Key
- Travel 5 Ideal Weekend Getaways in Chandigarh
Top Selling Cars for March 2019: The top selling cars report for the month of March 2019 is out. The surprise element is the sales of the Maruti Alto, which has gone down by two positions in the previous month. According to the table we can see that the Maruti Dzire compact sedan has taken the top-slot in March 2019, followed by the Baleno hatchback. Also check out the how each brand performed in the Indian market, during the month of March 2019 — click here for the car sales report.
|1 ||Maruti Suzuki Dzire||19,935 |
|2 ||Maruti Suzuki Baleno||17,264 |
|3 ||Maruti Suzuki Alto||16,826 |
|4 ||Maruti Suzuki Wagon-R||16,152 |
|5 ||Maruti Suzuki Swift||14,218 |
|6 ||Maruti Suzuki Brezza||14,181 |
|7 ||Hyundai i20 Elite||12,172 |
|8 ||Maruti Suzuki Celerio||11,807 |
|9 ||Hyundai Creta||11,448 |
|10 ||Maruti Suzuki Eeco||9,893|
- As seen from the table, the sales of the Maruti Alto has gone down in the month of March 2019. The entry-level hatchback which has been on the top of the best selling car list consecutively every month, recorded just 16,826 units in March. This is a drop from 24,751 units in February 2019.
- The Maruti Dzire compact sedan which was positioned second in February 2019, has taken the top-slot with 19,935 units of sales.
- The Maruti Baleno came in second with 17,264 units of sales. Sold exclusively through the brand's premium Nexa dealerships, the Baleno accounts for over 65 percent of Nexa's total sales volume.
- The new Maruti Wagon R is slowly picking up the pace, with sales crossing 16,000 units in March 2019. The tall boy design of the new Wagon R mixed with all the new features is further attracting customers to the already popular hatchback.
- The top-five slots has been locked by Maruti Suzuki. The Swift takes fifth position as it records over 14,000 units of sales. The hatchback now in its third generation was launched back in 2018 during the Auto Expo.
- Apart from the Maruti Suzuki models, Hyundai has also managed to crack the top-ten with the Elite i20 and the Creta. While the Hyundai i20 Elite occupies the seventh position with 12,127 units of sales, the Hyundai Creta SUV comes in at ninth position recording 11,448 units in March 2019.
- The Hyundai Creta topped the chart in the >4 metre SUV segment, beating its competition rivals; Tata Harrier, Jeep Compass and the Mahindra XUV500.
Thoughts On The Top-Selling Cars For The Month Of March 2019
The Maruti Alto is finally showing its age. The entry-level hatchback which has been on the top of the list for quite a while now, has moved down the chart. However, this might also be due to the upcoming next-generation Alto, expected to enter the Indian market by July-2019. It will be interesting to see how the cars would be placed over the next few months, ahead of the new Maruti Alto's launch.