- 1 hr ago KTM 890 Adventure Unveiled: A Middle-Weight Dual Purpose Adventure Tourer For First Time Buyers
- 15 hrs ago Mercedes-AMG Cars To Be Made In India Starting With AMG GLC 43 Coupe
- 17 hrs ago New Helmet Rule Imposed In Karnataka: Revised Guidelines For Children On Two-Wheelers
- 19 hrs ago Gemopai Electric Scooters Discounts For October 2020: Festive Season Benefits Up To Rs 5,500
- News In terms of oxygen availability, India in a very comfortable position
- Sports IPL 2020: Tendulkar compares Pooran with Duminy
- Movies Aamir Khan On 25 Years Of Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge: A Film That Continues To Charm The World
- Finance Hindustan Zinc Shares Gain Following Solid Dividend
- Technology Nokia 8.3 5G Might Get Dual-SIM Dual-5G Via Update
- Education SBI Clerk Mains Exam Date 2020 On October 31
- Lifestyle This Indian-American Girl's Discovery Can Lead To The Development Of COVID-19 Drug
- Travel Best Beaches To Visit In India In November
The list of top-selling cars in India for August 2019 has been released. The top-10 best-selling car list for the previous month showcases Maruti Suzuki dominating the chart, occupying 8 out of 10 positions in the list.
|1||Maruti Suzuki Dzire||13,274|
|2||Maruti Suzuki Swift||12,444|
|3||Maruti Suzuki Wagon R||11,402|
|4||Maruti Suzuki Baleno||11,067|
|5||Maruti Suzuki Alto||10,123|
|6||Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS||9,403|
|8||Maruti Suzuki Eeco||8,658|
|9||Maruti Suzuki Ertiga||8,391|
|10||Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza||7,109|
The top-slot in the list is occupied by the Maruti Suzuki Dzire. The popular compact-sedan offering from the brand registered 13,274 units of the sales in the previous month. Following, the Maruti Dzire is its hatchback sibling, the Swift.
The 3rd generation Maruti Swift came in second with 12,444 units of sales. The new Swift hatchback was launched in India during the 2018 Auto Expo. The car has been consistently performing well for the brand, bringing in volume sales month-on-month for the brand.
Coming in third is the new-generation Maruti WagonR hatchback. The WagonR is one of the more popular offerings from the brand. The model topped the best-selling car list in July 2019, however, its has dropped to third spot in the previous month. The Maruti WagonR recorded sales of 11,402 units in August, compared to 15,062 units in July 2019.
The fourth and fifth position on the list is also occupied by Maruti Suzuki models. This includes the Baleno and the Alto, respectively. The Maruti Baleno is the best-selling premium hatchback in the market with 11,067 units.
The Maruti Suzuki Alto, which has been topping the sales chart consistently has now fallen to the fifth position, with just 10,123 units in August. The Alto has been showing signs of low sales for the past couple of months.
Sixth and seventh position in the top-selling cars list are occupied by the only non-Maruti cars on the list. The sixth position is taken over by a new entrant, the Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS. The company sold 9,403 units of the NIOS last month.
The small hatchback was launched in India last month and has already become the best-selling Hyundai model in India, even overtaking the popular Venue; positioned below it in seventh place. The Hyundai Venue, on the other hand, recorded 9,342 units in August, a slight drop from 9,535 units in July 2019.
The bottom three in the list was again occupied by Maruti Suzuki offerings. This included the Eeco, Ertiga and the Vitara Brezza, respectively. The Maruti Eeco recorded 8,658 unit; Ertiga recorded 8,391 units and the Vitara Brezza registered 7,109 units of sales in the previous month.
Thoughts On The Top-Selling Cars In India In August 2019
The Indian auto industry is currently facing its worst decline yet, with most carmakers consistently registering declining sales. Maruti Suzuki is also suffering from the decline, registering a 35 per cent decline in August 2019. However, their models still continue to dominate the sales charts month-on-month, with August being no different.