- 12 hrs ago Ratan Tata Invests In Electric Two Wheeler Start Up Tork Motors
- 13 hrs ago New (Upcoming) Kia Cars Launches In India: Two Models Confirmed Including Carnival & New Compact-SUV
- 15 hrs ago Hyundai Tucson Extreme Off-Road Video: SUV Gets Stuck & Rescued By Jeep Cherokee
- 15 hrs ago Jawa Anniversary Edition Detailed On Official Video: 90 Units Only
- Technology Tecno Camon 12 Air First Impressions: The Good, The Bad, And The X Factor
- News We could have struck Balakot from India if we had Rafale: Rajnath Singh
- Finance Rupee Opens Flat At 71.24
- Movies Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Reveals She Had Proved Amitabh Bachchan Wrong With Her Unpredictable Reaction
- Sports Simmons returns as West Indies head coach
- Lifestyle Health And Wellness Tips For College Students
- Education Who Is Abhijit Banerjee? 10 Facts About Indian-origin Economist Who Has Won Nobel Prize
- Travel Top 10 Indian Cities For Food Lovers
Tata Motors has launched the Tigor EV extended range sedan in the Indian market. The Tata Tigor EV is now available for both commercial and personal segment customers.
The new extended range Tata Tigor EV is offered with a starting price of Rs 9.44 lakh, ex-showroom. The prices for the Tigor EV is after deducting the government subsidies offered on electric vehicles.
The Tata Tigor EV was previously introduced in the Indian market. However, it was available for just government and fleet customers. Tata Motors has now extended the customer base to private buyers as well.
The Tata Tigor EV is offered in a range of three variants: XE+, XM+ and XT+. All three variants of the Tigor EV qualify for the FAME II incentives. The extended range version of the Tigor EV offers an enhanced driving range, lower cost of ownership and zero emissions.
The new extended range Tata Tigor EV comes powered by a larger 21.5Kw battery pack. This offers the new Tata Tigor EV a claimed range of 213km on a single charge (ARAI-certified). The electric vehicle comes with two driving modes: Drive & Sport.
Tata Motors is also said to have improved the battery cooling system, which now ensures consistent performance even under higher ambient temperatures. The Tata Tigor EV will come with two charging ports for both standard and fast-charging system.
Ashesh Dhar, Head - Sales, Marketing and Customer Service, Electric Vehicle Business, Tata Motors Ltd. said,
"Tigor EV Extended Range model aptly addresses the requirements of longer-range applications and also provides higher revenue earning potential for our commercial customers. This new version builds on the success of the award-winning Tigor EV, which is already deployed with several fleets and Government customers. This launch reinforces our commitment to sustainable mobility solutions in India."
Tata offers the Tigor EV with all the safety features and equipment as on the standard variants. This includes airbags, ABS with EBD, seat-belt reminder, high-speed warning, rear parking sensors and others. The EV is also said to come standard with a 3-year/1.25 lakh kilometre warranty; whichever comes earlier.
Thoughts On The Tata Tigor EV Launch In India
Tata Motors has finally introduced the Tigor EV to private customers in the Indian market. The Tata Tigor EV extended range is offered with an impressive range of 213km on a single charge. Bookings for the new EV are now open across all dealerships in India, with deliveries set to start soon.