- 19 hrs ago Kia Carnival Review (First Drive): Extravagant On Space, Feature-Loaded And BSVI-Compliant
- 22 hrs ago MG ZS Electric SUV Registers 2,800 Units In Bookings Within 27 Days Of Unveil
- 23 hrs ago Amazon Introduces Three And Four Wheeler EVs For Product Delivery
- 24 hrs ago Hyundai Aura Launched Starting At Rs 5.80 Lakh: Bookings Open At Rs 10,000
- Finance Budget 2020 To Have A Plan Of Action To Boost Economy: Javadekar
- Technology ISRO Qualcomm NavIC Chips To Soon Embrace Mobiles, IoT In India: What To Expect
- Lifestyle Tonk Schools In Rajasthan Bans 'Indecent' Jeans And It Is A Much Bigger Issue Than You Think
- Movies Shabana Azmi To Be Discharged Soon; Javed Akhtar Says 'All Tests Including MRI Are Positive'
- Sports Mavericks fear the worst over Powell injury
- News Mars 2020 rover: 9 finalists selected. Now it's time to vote for your favorite one
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Tata Motors has started delivering its Tigor electric vehicle to private buyers across the country. The company just made its first delivery to a customer at Mumbai. The model delivered is the Tigor XT+ which is the top-of-the-line trim, and is available for Rs 10.75 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
According to Cartoq, Tata's Tigor electric vehicle retains the dimensions of the Tigor internal combustion engine loaded cars. The length, width, height and wheelbase measure in at 3,992mm, 1,677mm, 1,537mm, and 2,450 mm respectively. In addition, the Tigor electric weighs in at 1,126 kilograms, making it as heavy as the diesel powered version.
The Tata Tigor electric features a 21.5KWH battery that powers a motor that produces 40bhp of power and 105Nm of torque. Almost all the torque is available at the get go, and the vehicle comes mated to a single-speed automatic unit, making for a fairly seamless drive.
The Tigor EV arrives with two charging options - a regular charger that take up to 12 hours to fully charge the battery, and a fast charger that juices the battery up to 80 percent in two hours. The battery on the Tigor EV comes with a three-year/ 1.25 lakh kilometer warranty.
Tata has limited the top speed of the Tigor EV to 80kmph in order to get the maximum mileage or range from the vehicle. The electric vehicle features a boosted battery range of 213 kilometers which make it an ideal vehicle for city use.
The Tata Tigor EV an infotainment system with eight speakers, a 5.0-inch touchscreen, turn-by-turn navigation, music sharing, rear parking assist, and a lot of storage and cubby spaces. Safety features on the Tigor EV include ABS with EBD, cornering stability control, and an absorbing body structure.
The Tata Tigor EV is currently priced between Rs 9.44 lakh and Rs 12.59 lakh (ex-showroom, India). The prices vary from city to city. To know how much the Tigor EV cost, please connect with a dealer in your city.
Thoughts About Tata Starting Deliveries For Private Buyers Of The Tigor EV
Congratulations to the first customer. We're happy that Tata has started deliveries of the Tigor EV for private buyers. The company has priced the electric vehicle very aggressively, and we expect the model to lead the segment for some time to come.