- 48 min ago MG ZS EV Launched In 10 New Cities: 1000th Unit Rolled Out In India
- 2 hrs ago Renault Kwid Neotech Edition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 4.29 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago Suzuki Gixxer 155 & 250 New Colours Launched In India: Pics, Price & Other Details
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Toyota Innova Crysta Facelift Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Pics & Other Details
- Sports Rohit Sharma joins Virat Kohli, Suresh Raina in elite 5000-run club in the IPL
- Movies Bhumi Pednekar Was Blown Away By Ranveer Singh When She First Met Him; ‘His Energy Was Amazing’
- News Bhim Army chief says UP CM unable to handle govt, demands President's Rule
- Lifestyle Vidya Balan Or Nora Fatehi, Who Pulled Off JJ Valaya’s Printed Belted Saree Better?
- Technology Reliance Jio Orbic Smartphone: Three Devices To Launch Soon Under Rs. 4,000
- Education NEET Result Date 2020: When NEET UG Exam Result 2020 Will Be Declared?
- Finance Indian Railways Launches Portal For Freight Service
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Madhya Pradesh In October
Tata Motors has started delivering its Tigor electric vehicle to private buyers across the country. The company just made its first delivery to a customer at Mumbai. The model delivered is the Tigor XT+ which is the top-of-the-line trim, and is available for Rs 10.75 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
According to Cartoq, Tata's Tigor electric vehicle retains the dimensions of the Tigor internal combustion engine loaded cars. The length, width, height and wheelbase measure in at 3,992mm, 1,677mm, 1,537mm, and 2,450 mm respectively. In addition, the Tigor electric weighs in at 1,126 kilograms, making it as heavy as the diesel powered version.
The Tata Tigor electric features a 21.5KWH battery that powers a motor that produces 40bhp of power and 105Nm of torque. Almost all the torque is available at the get go, and the vehicle comes mated to a single-speed automatic unit, making for a fairly seamless drive.
The Tigor EV arrives with two charging options - a regular charger that take up to 12 hours to fully charge the battery, and a fast charger that juices the battery up to 80 percent in two hours. The battery on the Tigor EV comes with a three-year/ 1.25 lakh kilometer warranty.
Tata has limited the top speed of the Tigor EV to 80kmph in order to get the maximum mileage or range from the vehicle. The electric vehicle features a boosted battery range of 213 kilometers which make it an ideal vehicle for city use.
The Tata Tigor EV an infotainment system with eight speakers, a 5.0-inch touchscreen, turn-by-turn navigation, music sharing, rear parking assist, and a lot of storage and cubby spaces. Safety features on the Tigor EV include ABS with EBD, cornering stability control, and an absorbing body structure.
The Tata Tigor EV is currently priced between Rs 9.44 lakh and Rs 12.59 lakh (ex-showroom, India). The prices vary from city to city. To know how much the Tigor EV cost, please connect with a dealer in your city.
Thoughts About Tata Starting Deliveries For Private Buyers Of The Tigor EV
Congratulations to the first customer. We're happy that Tata has started deliveries of the Tigor EV for private buyers. The company has priced the electric vehicle very aggressively, and we expect the model to lead the segment for some time to come.