- 6 hrs ago Datsun Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available Across Models
- 8 hrs ago MG eZS SUV India Launch Scheduled For Early 2020: Doctor Strange Concurs
- 9 hrs ago UM Motorcycles Issued Legal Notice By Dealer Association: UM Lohia & Its Management Involved
- 9 hrs ago Isuzu Opens Sales-Serives-Spares Dealership In Andhra Pradesh
- News Maharashtra, Haryana election results today: Lotus set to bloom again, Opposition hopes for comeback
- Movies Akshay Kumar On Insecurities: Never thought A Guy From Chandni Chowk Would Become Akshay Kumar
- Sports French Open Badminton: Srikanth, Kashyap crash out in opening round
- Technology BSNL Offering 1GB Data With Its Rs. 108 Prepaid Plan
- Lifestyle 6 Science-backed Health Benefits Of Honeysuckle, Uses And Side Effects
- Finance Govt Approves BSNL-MTNL Merger; Offers Attractive VRS Package To Employees
- Travel 6 Offline GPS Navigation Apps For Android Users
- Education Top 10 Universities In QS India University Rankings 2020
India auto manufacturer Tata Motors, is in the process of upgrading the Tiago hatchback and Tigor compact-sedan with a fully-digital instrument cluster. The all-new instrument cluster will be featured only on the top end variants of both the models.
According to the dealer image the new fully-digital instrument cluster will only be featured in the XZ+ and XZA+ variants on both models. The fully-digital instrument cluster replaces the traditional twin-pod analogue unit that is featured on the current models.
The new digital instrument cluster will have the same functions, as compared to the analogue unit. However, It will feature a large centrally-mounted digital speedometer with a tachometer on the left, and fuel gauge on the right.
Other features include an engine temperature gauge, digital clock, door open warning, key reminder, distance to empty indicator; among other functions. The new hexagonal shaped digital cluster feature a chrome bezel surrounding the unit as well. A fully-digital instrument cluster will be a segment-first feature on both models.
The manual and the automatic variants of both the models features a 15-inch 15-inch alloy wheels, projector headlamps, and a 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with support for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. The top variants on both models feature automatic climate control, along with power-folding wing mirrors as standard.
The Tiago rivals the likes of Datsun Go, Hyundai Santro Maruti Suzuki Celerio and Wagon R, none of which sports a fully-digital instrument cluster. The Tigor is placed in the compact-sedan segment which rival against the Hyundai Xcent, Honda Amaze and Ford Aspire, with none of the competition featuring a fully-digital instrument cluster.
Tata Tiago and Tigor models are available with two engine options: a 1.2-litre three-cylinder petrol engine which produces 83bhp of power and 114Nm of torque, and a 1.0-litre diesel three-cylinder diesel engine which churns out 69bhp of power and 140Nm of torque.
Tata Motors earlier had confirmed that they won't be taking forward their smaller capacity diesel engines to make it BS-VI compliant. Instead, they would concentrate more on electric vehicle development in India with an all-new ‘Ziptron' EV technology — here are all the details.
Tata Motors is also looking at launching a new variant of the Tiago hatchback. Called the ‘Wizz', will be a special-edition that will hit the market this festive season. Also, Tata Motors has pushed the launch further with their first premium hatchback in the Indian market, called the Altroz — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Tata Tiago & Tigor With Fully-Digital Instrument cluster
Tata Motors is looking to carry the momentum with a series of updates and launches till the year end. The first to receive an update from the company was the Harrier SUV with the ‘Dark Edition'. This was followed by the introduction of Pro-Package on their entire range which includes a host of cosmetic upgrades at an extra cost.
Now the Tata is looking to give its Tiago and Tigor models an advantage over its rivals by featuring it with a fully-digital instrument cluster. This will help the driver to get a clear and accurate information at a glance while travelling.