- 10 hrs ago Ratan Tata Invests In Electric Two Wheeler Start Up Tork Motors
- 11 hrs ago New (Upcoming) Kia Cars Launches In India: Two Models Confirmed Including Carnival & New Compact-SUV
- 12 hrs ago Hyundai Tucson Extreme Off-Road Video: SUV Gets Stuck & Rescued By Jeep Cherokee
- 12 hrs ago Jawa Anniversary Edition Detailed On Official Video: 90 Units Only
- Technology Dell G3 3590 Gaming Laptop Review: Affordable Gaming Gets Better
- News Bank jobs for 10th pass:115 Indian Bank peon vacancies announced; Peon jobs apply online link here
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 7 Updates Day 1: Bhoomi Shetty Becomes The First Captain Of This Season!
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019, Eliminator 2: Raiders power U Mumba past Haryana Steelers
- Lifestyle Health And Wellness Tips For College Students
- Education Who Is Abhijit Banerjee? 10 Facts About Indian-origin Economist Who Has Won Nobel Prize
- Finance CPI: Retail Inflation Rises To 3.99% In September
- Travel Top 10 Indian Cities For Food Lovers
Among the most popular sub-4 meter SUVs in India, is the Tata Nexon. What made it a best seller was the spacious cabin, unconventional styling and of course, powerful engines. Rumor was that Tata Motors was working on a hybrid power-train for the Nexon, and talks about an electric variant quickly followed. We now think the rumor might be true.
A picture doing the rounds on the internet suggest that the new-looking Nexon may be the electric variant. Some suggest that this could be the hybrid variant simply because Tata Motors has been working on, and developing the hybrid power-train for some time now. However the picture doing the rounds is blurred (of course!) so we guess we can neither confirm nor deny which one of the variants it is.
The vehicle in question looks identical to the Tata Nexon. The missing radiator (appears to be) and the hollow space (we think) suggest that this could be an electric variant. Tata already has EV technology present in the Tigor EV. On the other hand, our argument for this being a hybrid variant is this - Tata's European Technical Centre was working on two 48-volt systems for a mild hybrid. The Tata Altroz features a mild hybrid system, so there is a chance that this is the Nexon Hybrid.
The Geneva Motor Show saw Tata showcase the Altroz EV. The Altroz EV is powered by a Permanent Magnet AC motor and will feature a single-speed gearbox. The battery supports fast charge and can be juiced to 80 per cent in sixty minutes. The estimated range on the of the Altroz EV is between 250 kilometers and 300 kilometers. Tata Motors is working towards higher range capable vehicles. Also in the making is Connected Vehicle Solution Platform which will be an integral part of their EV range.
Tata also confirmed an electric variant of the H2X was in the works. Assuming that the Tata Nexon featured here is an electric, then Tata Motors will have 5 Electric Vehicles in it's portfolio - the Tiago EV, the Tigor EV, the H2X EV, the Altroz EV, and the Nexon EV. The entire portfolio will be under the Rs 15 lakh mark, making them excellent options for Tata customers.
Thoughts About The Tata Nexon Hybrid And Tata Nexon EV
With the FAME II scheme gaining popularity, almost all manufacturers are heading the hybrid, or the full-electric way. We find it awesome that each manufacturer is giving or thinking of giving us more options to choose from.