- 6 hrs ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 6 hrs ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 7 hrs ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 24 hrs ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- Technology Oppo Reno 4 Pro Special Edition India Launch Set On September 24: Report
- Sports IPL 2020: Kings XI Punjab ropes in a range of sponsors
- Movies Kangana Ranaut Called Uneducated By Meena Kumari’s Step-son; 'She Inflicted Trauma On Our Family'
- News No decision to discontinue printing of Rs 2,000 note: Govt
- Lifestyle India Couture Week 2020: Our Favourite 5 Bridal Wear Picks From Suneet Varma’s Stellar Collection
- Finance Public Sector Banks That Offer Best Interest Rate On Savings Account
- Education ICSI Quiz Competition 2020 For Online Current Affairs And General Knowledge
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Indian automaker Tata Motors is actively testing the electric variant of their compact SUV, the Nexon. Spy pics reveal the Nexon's electric powertrain with a junction box, as reported by TeamBHP.
We expect the company to showcase the Nexon electric variant at the 2020 AutoExpo in February, ahead of its launch soon after.
The company's chairman, Mr N Chandrasekaran, had earlier stated that the company will develop electric vehicles more aggressively. The Nexon EV will be one of four electric vehicles that the company plans to add to their line-up by next year.
He also added that the Nexon EV could be launched in India as early as January next year. The next to join the company's EV line-up would be the electric variant of the Altroz. Tata had begun testing the Nexon EV back in April 2019 with three prototypes built to extensively test on Indian road conditions.
Not much is revealed about the upcoming electric vehicles from Tata Motors. However, we expect the Nexon EV to be powered by a Lithium-ion battery pack, and expect it to deliver a claimed range of 200-250kms on a single charge. This new powertrain is expected to be shared among other models in the EV pipeline including the Altroz EV.
To compete with the gasoline-powered counterparts, the Nexon EV is said to feature a DC fast charging support, that can charge the battery from 0 to 80 per cent in 60 minutes.
The test mule that was spotted houses the electric powertrain in the same disguise as the outgoing model. We expect the final production model of the electric variant to feature some design changes.
Tata has already launched the Tigor EV, however it is only available for commercial use with cab aggregators. We expect that the company will launch the Tigor EV for private buyers with an upgraded powertrain.
The current version of the Tigor electric is equipped with a 16.2kWh battery pack which promises an ARAI certified range of 140 km on a single charge. The Tigor electric supports fast charging that juices the battery from 0 to 80 per cent in 90 minutes.
The Tigor electric is priced at Rs 9.99 lakh (ex-showroom, India). We expect the Nexo EV to retail between Rs 12 to 15 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
Tata Motors is currently working on a facelift version of the petrol powered Nexon. The upcoming Nexon facelift is said to have many revised features, including a new headlamp cluster - here are all the details.
Thoughts About The Nexon EV
India is fighting an uphill battle towards clean and efficient transport. Tata Motors is doing everything it can to support this environmentally friendly cause by introducing all-electric vehicles to the Indian market.
We sure hope the company will make their electric vehicle including the Nexon EV easier on the pocket, unlike other expensive EVs currently available in the market.