- 7 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Jimny Exclusive Production Hub In India: Here Are All Details
- 10 hrs ago Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Expected To Receive New Colour Scheme: Teased Ahead Of Launch
- 12 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR CNG Production Crosses 3 Lakh Unit Mark: New Milestone Achieved
- 13 hrs ago MG ZS EV To Launch In 10 New Cities Soon: Teaser Video & Details
- Sports Shubman Gill of Kolkata Knight Riders reveals secret of his batting success; Karthik, Morgan astonished
- News Congress no-confidence motion against Yediyurappa govt defeated
- Movies Tovino Thomas & Aishwarya Lekshmi To Team Up For Manu Ashokan's Kaanekkane
- Lifestyle Everything You Need To Know About The Buddhist Diet
- Technology Google Pixel 5 Launch Date Delayed: Will Now Make A Debut In October
- Finance 3 Ways To Play The Gold Theme As It Will Bounce Back
- Education AP ICET Results 2020 Declared, Check At sche.ap.gov.in
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
Tata Motors has announced that all their future electric cars will feature it's new Ziptron EV technology. The India based auto manufacturer has confirmed that the Nexon EV will be their first electric vehicle to feature the Ziptron EV technology. The Nexon EV is scheduled to launch in India during the fourth quarter of the current financial year (Jan-Mar 2019-20).
The Tata Nexon EV will feature a 300V electric motor that will deliver a range of 300km over a full charge. The vehicle will feature fast-charging capabilities, and rumor has it that Tata Motors offer an eight-year standard warranty over the electric motor and battery pack.
The Nexon EV will most likely take design from the Nexon facelift that is expected to launch next year as well.
The company says that prices for the all new Nexon electric vehicle could range between Rs 15 lakh to Rs 17 lakh (ex-showroom, India). The current-generation of Nexon' that feature conventional engines is priced between Rs 6.58 lakh and Rs 11.10 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
The company has announced earlier that it was going to set-up 300 fast charging stations across the country in order to support it's fleet of electric vehicles. Tata Motors plans to launch a total of four new electric cars in the country by December 2020.
Outside of the Nexon EV, the other vehicles that will be launched are the Altroz EV, the Tigor EV (with a bigger battery pack), and an unknown offering that could possibly be based on the ALFA-ARC and/ or OMEGA-ARC platforms that underpin the Altroz and the Harrier respectively.
Once launched, the Tata Nexon EV will compete with the Mahindra XUV300 EV which is scheduled to launch sometime during mid 2020. Maruti Suzuki and Morris Garage are also prepping to launch electric vehicles during next year.
Thoughts About The New Ziptron EV Technology
Manufacturers keep developing new tech to make electric vehicles better, faster, and more performance-oriented. While we are thrilled that Tata Motors is developing new technology, what we need is for manufacturers to retail electric vehicles at cheaper, more customer-friendly prices. Why would someone pay 15 lakh for a base variant of the Nexon EV when he/ she could buy a top-of-the-line Nexon variant (conventional engine) for 11.10 lakh*?
*Prices mentioned are ex-showroom, India.