- 5 hrs ago Datsun Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available Across Models
- 7 hrs ago MG eZS SUV India Launch Scheduled For Early 2020: Doctor Strange Concurs
- 8 hrs ago UM Motorcycles Issued Legal Notice By Dealer Association: UM Lohia & Its Management Involved
- 8 hrs ago Isuzu Opens Sales-Serives-Spares Dealership In Andhra Pradesh
- News Maharashtra, Haryana election results today: Lotus set to bloom again, Opposition hopes for comeback
- Movies Akshay Kumar On Insecurities: Never thought A Guy From Chandni Chowk Would Become Akshay Kumar
- Sports French Open Badminton: Srikanth, Kashyap crash out in opening round
- Technology BSNL Offering 1GB Data With Its Rs. 108 Prepaid Plan
- Lifestyle 6 Science-backed Health Benefits Of Honeysuckle, Uses And Side Effects
- Finance Govt Approves BSNL-MTNL Merger; Offers Attractive VRS Package To Employees
- Travel 6 Offline GPS Navigation Apps For Android Users
- Education Top 10 Universities In QS India University Rankings 2020
Tata Motors has announced that all their future electric cars will feature it's new Ziptron EV technology. The India based auto manufacturer has confirmed that the Nexon EV will be their first electric vehicle to feature the Ziptron EV technology. The Nexon EV is scheduled to launch in India during the fourth quarter of the current financial year (Jan-Mar 2019-20).
The Tata Nexon EV will feature a 300V electric motor that will deliver a range of 300km over a full charge. The vehicle will feature fast-charging capabilities, and rumor has it that Tata Motors offer an eight-year standard warranty over the electric motor and battery pack.
The Nexon EV will most likely take design from the Nexon facelift that is expected to launch next year as well.
The company says that prices for the all new Nexon electric vehicle could range between Rs 15 lakh to Rs 17 lakh (ex-showroom, India). The current-generation of Nexon' that feature conventional engines is priced between Rs 6.58 lakh and Rs 11.10 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
The company has announced earlier that it was going to set-up 300 fast charging stations across the country in order to support it's fleet of electric vehicles. Tata Motors plans to launch a total of four new electric cars in the country by December 2020.
Outside of the Nexon EV, the other vehicles that will be launched are the Altroz EV, the Tigor EV (with a bigger battery pack), and an unknown offering that could possibly be based on the ALFA-ARC and/ or OMEGA-ARC platforms that underpin the Altroz and the Harrier respectively.
Once launched, the Tata Nexon EV will compete with the Mahindra XUV300 EV which is scheduled to launch sometime during mid 2020. Maruti Suzuki and Morris Garage are also prepping to launch electric vehicles during next year.
Thoughts About The New Ziptron EV Technology
Manufacturers keep developing new tech to make electric vehicles better, faster, and more performance-oriented. While we are thrilled that Tata Motors is developing new technology, what we need is for manufacturers to retail electric vehicles at cheaper, more customer-friendly prices. Why would someone pay 15 lakh for a base variant of the Nexon EV when he/ she could buy a top-of-the-line Nexon variant (conventional engine) for 11.10 lakh*?
*Prices mentioned are ex-showroom, India.