- 8 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Jimny Exclusive Production Hub In India: Here Are All Details
- 11 hrs ago Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Expected To Receive New Colour Scheme: Teased Ahead Of Launch
- 12 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR CNG Production Crosses 3 Lakh Unit Mark: New Milestone Achieved
- 14 hrs ago MG ZS EV To Launch In 10 New Cities Soon: Teaser Video & Details
- Sports Shubman Gill of Kolkata Knight Riders reveals secret of his batting success; Karthik, Morgan astonished
- News Congress no-confidence motion against Yediyurappa govt defeated
- Movies Tovino Thomas & Aishwarya Lekshmi To Team Up For Manu Ashokan's Kaanekkane
- Lifestyle Everything You Need To Know About The Buddhist Diet
- Technology Google Pixel 5 Launch Date Delayed: Will Now Make A Debut In October
- Finance 3 Ways To Play The Gold Theme As It Will Bounce Back
- Education AP ICET Results 2020 Declared, Check At sche.ap.gov.in
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
The Tata Nexon EV has just become the first electric vehicle to be driven up in the himalayas. The drive from Manali to Leh has been documented through a video series on YouTube. The videos feature actor Milind Soman and his wife Ankita Konwar driving an electric Tata Nexon up in the Himalayas.
The first two episodes of the series have already been released. The electric vehicle industry is growing at a rapid pace across the world. The Indian market too is going electric, as all automobile manufacturers in India are developing electric vehicles.
Mahindra and Tata Motors were the first Indian car manufacturers to enter the electric vehicle segment. Mahindra Electric already has the eVerito, e2O and eSupro on sale. Tata Motors though has only the Tigor EV on sale in India.
The Tata Tigor EV is currently available only for fleet usage, like cab operators and government departments. Tata will soon launch an extended range variant that is rumoured to be launched for private car buyers too.
By now, it is a known fact that the next electric vehicle from Tata Motors is the Nexon. It was only last month that the Tata Nexon EV was spotted while it was being tested. A couple of weeks later, Tata Motors announced the debut of a new EV technology called Ziptron.
The company also confirmed the launch of an all-new electric car in Q4 of 2020. A few days later, Tata Motors announced that the Nexon EV will be the first product to feature the Ziptron technology.
Now, the Nexon EV has featured in a video series that showcases its capabilities. Titled #TheUltimateElectricDrive, the video series shows actor Milind Soman and his wife Amkita Konwar driving the Tata Nexon EV from Manali to Leh.
This is a big achievement as no other electric car has ever been driven on this route before. Adding to the challenge is the fact that there are no EV charging stations on this route. Well, going by the two episodes already released, Milind and Ankita along with the Tata Nexon are taking it in their stride.
The videos mention the ease of charging feature of the Tata Nexon EV which allows the car to be charged at any 15-ampere socket which is usually found at home. This however takes extremely long to to happen.
In one of the videos, Milind Soman says that it takes nearly two hours to charge from 85 to 100 percent. The Tata Nexon EV is powered by a lithium-ion battery pack as part of the Ziptron technology. The electric motor drives the front wheels.
Both the battery and the motor are IP67-rated and therefore waterproof and dust proof, which might have come in handy during the stream crossings on the drive in the Himalayas. It also comes with 8 years' warranty.
In terms of design, the Tata Nexon EV is almost the same as the petrol or diesel-powered version. It comes with subtle changes to the grille up front, the bumpers and even the hood. The interiors too are similar to the normal variant currently on sale. The car looks ready for production and is expected to be launched at the 2020 Indian Auto Expo.
Thoughts On Tata Nexon EV Becoming First Electric Car To Reach Leh & Ladakh
The Tata Nexon has since the start been a brilliant product. With the incoming electric vehicle wave, and Tata Motors' Ziptron technology, the SUV is set to get a new lease of life. Becoming the first electric car to conquer the Manali-Leh highway is a great achievement and a feat that will go down in history books.