- 1 hr ago Tata Nexon Low EMI Scheme Introduced In India: Finance Offers & Other Details
- 2 hrs ago 2020 Hyundai i20 Spotted Testing Ahead Of Launch In India: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 4 hrs ago Tata Altroz Turbo Petrol Engine Specs Leaked Ahead Of Launch: Expected Pricing & Other Details
- 5 hrs ago Skoda Superb Sportline Road Test Review: One Of The Best Looking Luxury Sedans In The Market
- News Unlock 5.0 guidelines: Here is what to expect
- Technology Xiaomi Mi Smart Band 5 Launched In India For Rs. 2,499
- Movies Varun Dhawan To Start Shooting For Raj Mehta's Romantic Comedy
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Essential Oils For Relieving Headaches And Migraine
- Finance Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders IPO: Retail Portion Subscribed Fully On Day 1
- Sports Coronavirus: Bangladesh's tour of Sri Lanka put off once again
- Education CLAT Answer Key 2020: Download UG & PG Question Paper And Provisional Answer Keys
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In October 2020
Tata Motors has announced that it has bagged an order of over 2,300 buses from multiple State Transport Undertakings. The company also said that it intends completing the orders and delivering the buses by February 2020.
The State Transport Undertakings include RSRTC from Rajasthan, KSRTC/ BMTC/ NWKRTC from Karnataka, UPSRTC from Uttar Pradesh, IRT from Tamil Nadu, and APSRTC from Andhra Pradesh.
Tata Motors says their buses have been designed to offer efficiency and flexibility to meet any demands the (STUs) State Transport Undertakings have for either inter-city and intra-city use. The buses have be built after substantial trials across multiple terrains in the country.
Mr Rohit Srivastava, the Product Line Head for Buses at Tata Motors said, "With the Government's continued thrust towards providing smart safe and convenient alternatives of public transport, Tata Motors acknowledges the proactive approach of various STU's to maintain a sustainable mass public transportation system."
He also added that Tata Motors takes pride in, and are thankful for the opportunity to provide best in class mobility solutions. The company's in-depth knowledge of sustainable public transport for different markets and customers is what differentiates it from its competitors.
Tata Motors currently has bus manufacturing facilities at Pune, Dharwad, Pantnagar, and Lucknow. The company has a partnership with Goa based (AGCL) Automobile Corporation of Goa Limited to manufacture bus bodies.
In addition, the company has a joint venture with Brazil based Marcoplo S.A., for (FBV) Fully Built Vehicles. Tata Motors says that its FBV manufacturing capabilities are in sync with the government's norms for safety and fuel efficiency.
Thoughts About Tata Motors Bagging An Order For 2,300 Buses
The real question is, will this order of 2,300 easy out the lack of sales in the passenger vehicles segment. Bagging a multi state government order means having to beat tenders from other companies, and having to pay bribes to have one's tender passed and approved. While the 2,300 orders appear like a massive number, financial offsets by the end of this financial year will tell if this was a great thing or not. Having said that, congratulations to Tata Motors!