- 13 hrs ago Royal Enfield Headed To Double Digit Growth Says New CEO Vinod Dasari
- 14 hrs ago Mahindra Jeeto Plus Launched In India: Priced At Rs 3.46 Lakh
- 16 hrs ago MG Motor Launches Experience On Wheels Mobile Showroom
- 17 hrs ago Maruti Baleno Sales Achieves New Milestone: Fastest Selling Premium Hatchback In The Country
- Technology Best Nokia Smartphones Under Rs. 10,000 That Support WhatsApp
- Movies Shabana Azmi’s Mother Shaukat Kaifi, Veteran Stage And Film Actress, Passes Away At 93
- News Naxal attack in Jharkhand's Latehar: 3 Jawans martyred, one injured
- Sports Indian National Rally Championship: Fabid, Dean-Gaurav showdown adds spice to Round 4 of INRC
- Finance Titan And Nestle India To Be Added To Sensex Next Month
- Lifestyle 7 Effective Home Remedies For Chickenpox
- Travel Jagdalpur – A Paradise Full Of Natural Bounties
- Education Why World Children's Day Is Celebrated On November 20?
Tata Motors has entered an 'in-house' agreement with Tata Steel to introduce the Tigor electric cars as a means to transport employees. Tata Motors will deploy 40 units of the all electric Tigor at Tata Steel's facility at Jamshedpur.
Tata Motors said that the first batch of Tigor electric vehicles has been handed over to Tata Steel officials, and the rest of the batch will be handed over soon. Both companies say that the move will help reduce carbon emissions, and will motivate employees to support & move to green vehicles.
Mr Shailesh Chandra, the President of Electric Mobility Business & Corporate Strategy at Tata Motors said that the company is elated to partner with Tata Steel and help them achieve their goal of inducting zero-emission vehicles to their fleet at Jamshedpur.
Tata Motors is of the opinion that a fleet of all electric Tigor vehicles will cater for and will address mobility needs in an Eco-friendly and economical manner. The company says they are committed to the electric mobility missions and will continue to develop e-mobility solutions for individual customers, and for corporates as well.
The Tata Tigor electric vehicle features a 21.5kWh battery and a single speed transmission set up. The car features dual airbags (XE+ variant features driver airbags only) and ABS as a standard. The Tigor EV also arrives with a three year/ 1.25 lakh kilometer (whichever comes first) warranty.
The Tata Tigor electric was launched last month at a starting price of Rs 9.44 lakh (ex-showroom, India). The price includes all government benefits and subsidies under the FAME II scheme. The vehicle is available in three variants - the XE+, the XM+, and the XT+.
Thoughts About Tata Motors Deploying Tigor EVs At Tata Steel's Jamshedpur Plant
That's a fantastic way to keep finances on the green side of things. India still has to accept and move to electric vehicles and Tata Motors has found the best way to keep their electric division from running losses is to sell the cars in-house. Talk about strategy!
Tata has 10 business verticals including tourism & travel, aerospace & defense, and information technology. They can practically sell every single electric vehicle they manufacture in-house.