- 1 day ago Tata Motors Announces Discounts & Benefits Of Up To Rs 1.50 Lakh On Select Models
- 1 day ago Renault BS-VI Turbo-Petrol Engines Confirmed For India: Will Feature On The Duster & Captur SUVs
- 1 day ago KTM Increases Prices Of The Duke 125 & RC 125 Models In India
- 1 day ago Piaggo Hikes Prices Of Vespa & Aprilia Scooters In India: Also Offers Other Festive Benefits
- News Engineering Jobs: POWERGRID announces Executive Trainee vacancies; How to apply
- Movies WHAAT? Salman Khan's LIP-LOCK Scenes With Alia Bhatt Lead To Indifference Between Him & Mr Bhansali?
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Match 94: Telugu Titans Vs Dabang Delhi: Dream 11 Prediction, Fantasy Tips
- Lifestyle Microcytic Anemia: Symptoms, Causes, Risk Factors, Treatment, And Prevention
- Technology Tata Sky On WhatsApp: Check Balance, Add Packs And More
- Finance Govt Employees Will Get Housing Advance At Lower Interest Rates
- Education HSSC Clerk Admit Card 2019 Released
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
A Tata Indica diesel model that was registered on 14 August 2009 has just crossed the 5.85 lakh kilometer on the odometer. Mr Vardharajan, who is the owner of the hatchback, was facilitated by Hyson Chalakkudy Tata for achieving this feat. The Indica is ten years old, and has been maintained very well.
The Indica is ten years old, and has been maintained very well by Mr Vardharajan. In fact, the picture shows a spotless, white coloured car that is testament to how the vehicle has been maintained.
The owner of the Tata Indica DLS does roughly 60,000 kilometers a year (on an average), and has completed the milestone without having had to overhaul the engine a single time. This was posted on the Vandibranthanmar Group on Facebook by Abdul Basith. There is no information available about changes to other parts like the clutch assembly. This
Exact details about the use of the car remain unknown. We assume Mr Vardharajan is in the taxi or transport business considering the number of kilometers run.
This is not the first time we have heard of a diesel car to have completed the 5 lakh kilometer mark. Many vehicles including the Mahindra Scorpio have achieved this in the past. Diesel engines offer a longer shelf life when compared to petrol engines and if maintained well, can outlast most.
The Tata Indica was India's first diesel passenger vehicle. The model became very popular thanks to its spacious cabin and diesel engine. The Tata Indica was discontinued in April 2018 and the last-generation diesel models were available in a 1.4-litre TDI and a 1.3-litre Quadrajet engine options.
How Do I Acheive The Same Engine Life?
You can achieve the same engine life by following a few steps. This will ensure minimal wear and tear, and keep the engine running lakhs of kilometres.
• Warm Up: The engine and it's components should be warm enough before you start driving. A few minutes at idling before driving will achieve this. This also helps with lubricating the engine for the run ahead.
• Service Schedules: Always meet service schedules. Regular services keep the engine healthy and ready to go at any time.
• Drive Smooth: Driving smoothly and gently effectively keeps extra pressure away from the engine. This results in lesser damage over a longer period of time.
• Wheel Alignment: Having a well taken set of rims and rubber can help reduce the stress on the engine and the driving shaft helping them last longer.
• Distances: It is recommended to take the vehicle out only if you are traveling distances longer than a few kilometers. This allows for the vehicle to maintain an optimum operating temperature. Short distances like a kilometer or two tend to hurt the engine more than we think.
Thoughts About The 5.85 Lakh Kilometers Covered By Mr Vardharajan
Congratulation to this gentleman for being able to achieve some thing very few of us achieve. Consumers tend to replace cars for newer models every few years, but we know it is possible to own a car and have it last a long time — if well cared for. We need more people like this gentleman!