- 22 hrs ago Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- 24 hrs ago Yamaha YZF R15 V3.0 BS-VI Models Begin Reaching Dealerships Across India
- 1 day ago New (2020) Suzuki Hayabusa Launched In India: Priced At Rs 13.75 Lakh
- 2 day ago Porsche Cayenne Coupe Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.31 Crore
- News Delhi govt take measures for women safety post Nirbhaya case
- Sports Big Bash League BBL 2019-20: Complete Squads, Captains & Home Grounds of all eight BBL teams
- Lifestyle What Is The Importance Of Premarital Health Checkups?
- Movies Salman Khan Reveals ‘Dabangg 4’ Has Already Fallen Into Place
- Technology How To Access The New Windows 10 File Explorer
- Finance RBI To Offer Liquidity Support Scheme For 24X7 Functionality Of Neft
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Tata Motors has just inaugurated its state-of-the-art 'Advance Power Systems Engineering Tech Center' at the Engineering Research Center at Pune, India. The company says that the center will cater for engineering, developing and testing new-age powertrain solutions.
The powertrain solutions will be featured in the company's products across the passenger vehicle, commercial vehicle, and electric vehicle verticals. The new facility will focus on the development of BS-VI Phase 1 & Phase 2engines, Real Driving Emissions, CAFE II, Hybrids, Electrification, and BS-VII compliance.
Mr. Guenter Butschek, the Chief Executive Officer, and the Managing Director at Tata Motors said, "We at Tata Motors have been consistently gearing up for the future through strategic investments in our product development and engineering capabilities. I am delighted to witness our new 'Advance Power Systems Engineering Tech Center in Pune' go live, which was established in a record time of 15 months."
"This facility will act as a hub to develop class-leading powertrain solutions for our vast product portfolio across ICE and Electric. This technical center reiterates our commitment to offer our customers a wide range of clean, sustainable technologies, thus meeting their aspirations," he added.
Mr. Rajendra Petkar the President & CTO, Tata Motors Ltd. said that it was a proud moment for the company to have a world-class Power Systems Engineering Tech Centre in Pune. He also said that this would help offer powertrain solutions across multiple segments under one roof.
Loaded with future-ready design elements, this facility will allow for Tata Motors to offer tech-heavy products to the customers. The company also feels that this facility will help in the long run to support the company's customer-oriented agenda.
Tata's all new facility is spread over 12,000 square-meters and is equipped to develop, calibrate, and type-approve requirements for light and heavy-duty powertrains. The facility will also be used to test range, power, and durability of the company's electric vehicles.
With the addition of this new Advance Power Systems Engineering Tech Center, Tata Motors now has state-of-the-art research and development facilities and design centers in India, South Korea, Italy and the United Kingdom.
Thoughts About The Additional Facility
We think Tata's new facility will concentrate heavily on the company's electric vehicle technology. There could be a possibility that the facility could also research and develop Lithium-ion batteries for the company.