- 5 hrs ago Datsun Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available Across Models
- 7 hrs ago MG eZS SUV India Launch Scheduled For Early 2020: Doctor Strange Concurs
- 8 hrs ago UM Motorcycles Issued Legal Notice By Dealer Association: UM Lohia & Its Management Involved
- 8 hrs ago Isuzu Opens Sales-Serives-Spares Dealership In Andhra Pradesh
- News Maharashtra, Haryana election results today: Lotus set to bloom again, Opposition hopes for comeback
- Movies Akshay Kumar On Insecurities: Never thought A Guy From Chandni Chowk Would Become Akshay Kumar
- Sports French Open Badminton: Srikanth, Kashyap crash out in opening round
- Technology BSNL Offering 1GB Data With Its Rs. 108 Prepaid Plan
- Lifestyle 6 Science-backed Health Benefits Of Honeysuckle, Uses And Side Effects
- Finance Govt Approves BSNL-MTNL Merger; Offers Attractive VRS Package To Employees
- Travel 6 Offline GPS Navigation Apps For Android Users
- Education Top 10 Universities In QS India University Rankings 2020
Tata Motors model-wise car sales for the month of August 2019 has been released. The model-wise car sales showcase the Tata Tiago as the best-selling model in the brand for the previous month.
The Tata Tiago has registered the best sales figures for the brand with 3,037 units in the previous month. However, this is still a significant drop of 67.27% from August 2018 when it recorded sales of 9,277 units.
The Tata Nexon is one of the most popular offerings from the company. Positioned in the highly competitive compact-SUV segment, the car recorded 2,275 units of sales in August 2019. This puts it in the second position among the best-selling Tata cars in the market.
The third on the list is the Tata Tigor compact-sedan offering. The company recorded 833 units of sales of the car in August 2019. The Tigor is available in both standard and EV formats, although the EV is available only for commercial purposes alone.
The Tata Harrier has registered 635 units of sales in the market. This is a major drop, compared to its initial months, when launched back in January. The Tata Harrier faces stiff competition in the mid-size SUV segment from the likes of the Kia Seltos and the MG Hector.
|Rank||Models||Aug-19||Aug-18||YoY diff %|
The Tata Zest is the fifth on the list of top-selling models from the Indian car manufacturer. The Zest sedan registered 294 units of sales. The car has been on sale in the Indian market for a long time and now feels very outdated, especially compared to its rivals in the segment.
The Hexa, Safari and Bolt are placed further down the order. The three models registered 136, 83 and 23 units of sales respectively. Apart from these models, Tata has discontinued the sales of the Sumo and Nano in the Indian market.
Both models were outdated and will not be updated to comply with the upcoming safety, crash test and emission norms of 2020. Tata Motors recently discontinued the sales of the Sumo; 25 years after it went on sale in India — here are the details.
Thoughts On The Tata Model-Wise Car Sales Report For August 2019
Tata Motors, similar to Maruti Suzuki, Honda, Mahindra and other major car manufacturers have been suffering from their worst sales decline in the market. The auto slowdown, since the past 10 months has affected sales significantly.