- 18 min ago Mercedes-Benz V-Class Marco Polo Launching In India: Will Debut At Auto Expo
- 42 min ago Tata Nexon EV Launch Live Updates: Price, Bookings, Charging, Range, Specs, Features & More
- 1 hr ago MG Motor Issues Statement Regarding MG Hector Fire: A Piece Of Cloth In The Engine Bay Is The Cause
- 16 hrs ago Ampere Reo Elite Electric Scooter Review: A Starter-Pack To The Electric Scooter Segment In India
- Movies Maidaan Teaser Poster: Ajay Devgn Teases Us With A Glimpse Of His Upcoming Sports Film
- News Direct link to download BPSSC Bihar Police SI result
- Technology MIUI Launcher Alpha Build For Global ROM Adds App Drawer To Xiaomi Devices
- Sports Heavyweight Knockout artists collide in UFC return to Columbus
- Finance Petrol, Diesel Prices Cut As Crude Oil Slips To 3-Month Low On Coronavirus Scare
- Lifestyle 11 Signs That Tell He Is Using You To Get Over His Ex
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Tata Group has confirmed that they will be setting up a new lithium-ion plant in India very soon. The new Lithium-ion battery manufacturing facility will be set up in Gujarat with a capacity of 10 gigawatts (GW).
According to ET Auto, Tata Group will be investing Rs 4,000 crore towards the lithium-ion battery plant. It will come up in the Dholera Special Investment Region (DSIR) in Gujarat, India. The company seems to have already acquired almost 126 acres of land in the area.
Regarding the upcoming Lithium-ion battery plant, Jaiprakash, Shivhare, MD, Dholera Industry City Development Limited (DICDL), stated:
"Tata Group has already made an announcement to set up a lithium-ion battery manufacturing unit. They have procured land of 126 acres and in the first phase, the company will make an investment of Rs 1,000 crore."
He further added, "Government of India will soon roll out policy incentives for battery manufacturers for electric vehicles. In fact, incentives for capacities up to 50GW will also be offered. This will be a further push for investments in this sector."
The reports also suggested that the DSIR is an ideal place to set up a manufacturing facility, as it offers all the key elements required. The region is also said to provide title-cleared land for quick possession, with a plug and play type system for all upcoming units.
Tata Group, however, is yet to announce any specific details regarding its upcoming lithium-ion battery plant in Gujarat. The company is also yet to announce when the manufacturing plant will be operational as well.
Tata Motors currently has the Tigor and Tiago EV available in the Indian market. However, both electric vehicles are available only for fleet and commercial owners. The Tigor and Tiago EV were showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo and come with a range of up to 150km on a single charge.
Thoughts On Tata's New Lithium-Ion Battery Plant In India
With the Indian government pushing heavily towards electric mobility in the market, the move to set up a battery manufacturing plant in the country is a great move forward. The locally manufactured batteries will further help bring the cost of the electric vehicle down significantly, making it more affordable in the process.