- 6 hrs ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 6 hrs ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 7 hrs ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 24 hrs ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- News 1,256 cases of illegal trading, poaching of wildlife recorded from 2017 to 2019: Centre
- Technology Oppo Reno 4 Pro Special Edition India Launch Set On September 24: Report
- Sports IPL 2020: Kings XI Punjab ropes in a range of sponsors
- Movies Kangana Ranaut Called Uneducated By Meena Kumari’s Step-son; 'She Inflicted Trauma On Our Family'
- Lifestyle India Couture Week 2020: Our Favourite 5 Bridal Wear Picks From Suneet Varma’s Stellar Collection
- Finance Public Sector Banks That Offer Best Interest Rate On Savings Account
- Education ICSI Quiz Competition 2020 For Online Current Affairs And General Knowledge
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Tata Altroz has been spotted testing ahead of its launch in India this festive season. The spy pics reveal a production ready model of the company's premium hatchback, as reported by Rushlane.
Tata had first showcased the Altroz at the Auto Expo 2018, then called the 45X. The Altroz will be the company's first model in the premium hatchback segment. The hatchback is based on the company's all-new ALFA architecture.
The Tata Altroz official website currently offers limited information about the company's premium hatchback. The Altroz is based on the company's ‘Impact Design 2.0', and features a bold shoulder line carried across the door panel and tail-lamps. The rear door handles are integrated into the window trim making for a modern look.
The front of the Altroz features a sleek-looking head-lamp cluster flanked on either side of the honeycomb grille. The fog lamps are integrated into the bumper, and are placed right below the head-lamp clusters. We expect the headlight cluster to feature (DRLs) Daytime Running Lights and projector head-lamps.
The rear of the car is expected to feature a dual-tone boot-lid with LED tail-lamps. The spy pics also reveals the four-spoke alloy wheels featured on the Altroz.
The Altroz's interior is expected to feature a touchscreen infotainment system that is Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatible. Other interior features include adjustable mood lighting across the cabin, a push-start button, and a combination of analog and digital instrument binnacle with a digital tachometer.
The digital display will offer a host of information to the driver including real time fuel efficiency, power, and torque figures. The hatchback will also feature different driving modes for different road conditions.
Speaking of power, the Altroz is likely to be offered with three-engine options, a 1.2-litre naturally-aspirated ‘Revotron' petrol engine producing 85bhp, a 1.2-litre ‘Revotron' turbo-petrol engine churning out 102bhp, and a 1.5-litre turbo diesel engine producing out 90bhp.
All the engines will come mated to a five-speed manual transmission as standard. Tata will most likely offer automatic transmissions as well.
The Altroz, when launched will rival the Hyundai Elite i20, the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, the Toyota Glanza, and the Honda Jazz. With its futuristic design the premium-hatchback is sure to stand apart in the segment.
Thoughts About The New Tata Altroz
Tata is arriving late to the premium hatchback segment that is currently ruled by the Hyundai Elite i20. However, the fresh design and Tata's new-found interior design might make a difference. We think it is will get buyers lined up. As always, pricing plays the biggest role in the Indian consumers mind. We hope Tata prices the all-new premium Altroz hatchback competitively.