- 23 hrs ago MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- 1 day ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- 2 day ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launch Highlights: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- 2 days ago Royal Enfield’s 350cc Line Up To Get BS6 Compliant Engines Before 1 April Deadline
- Movies Pranav Mohanlal-Vineeth Sreenivasan Duo's Hridayam: Here's An Update!
- Finance 4 Stocks That Are In Action Today
- News Cops can't act like lynch mob: Right activists on Hyderabad encounter
- Lifestyle Rani Mukerji Makes Us Want To Update Our Wardrobe With Colour-blocked Saris
- Technology Vivo X30 Spotted On Geekbench Ahead Of Launch
- Sports Why Diego Simeone should be priority of Arsenal
- Travel 8 Most Relaxing Beaches In India To Visit In December
- Education Indian Navy Day: 5 Amazing Facts Students Should Know
Tata Motors has revealed the production-spec model of the Altroz hatchback in India. The Tata Altroz is the first premium hatchback in the Indian market, scheduled to go on sale in January 2020.
The Tata Altroz premium hatchback will also debut the brand's new ‘ALFA' platform, used on all future small cars in the Indian market. The Tata Altroz was first showcased at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show.
The Tata Altroz will also be the second product from the brand, after Harrier, to use the brand's latest ‘Impact 2.0' design language. The hatchback will be offered with a host of premium features and equipment, both on the interiors and exterior of the car.
This includes LED projector headlamps, LED DRLs (Daytime Running Lights), LED taillights, standard 16-inch alloy wheels, large touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, soft-touch material all around the newly designed dashboard and a host of others as well.
The Tata Altroz bookings are said to begin soon. Earlier reports suggested that dealerships have been informed to start accepting official pre-bookings for the hatchback from 4th December 2019. The booking amount for the Tata Altroz premium hatchback is said to be Rs 21,000.
The company recently announced the start of production of the Altroz in their facility in Chakan, Pune. The first production-spec Tata Altroz rolled out of the assembly line with a Gold paint scheme — the launch colour of the hatchback in India.
Scheduled to go on sale in January 2020, the Tata Altroz will be powered by three engine options: two petrol and one diesel. This includes a 1.2-litre petrol producing 85bhp; 1.2-litre turbo-petrol churning out 102bhp and a 1.5-litre diesel producing 90bhp.
All three engines will be mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox. Tata is also expected to introduce an automatic transmission on the Altroz at a later stage. All three engines on the Tata Altroz will also be compliant with the upcoming BS-Vi emission regulations of April 2020.
We will be driving the Tata Altroz very soon as media drives for the premium hatchback have begun. Stay tuned for our full in-depth review of the latest premium hatchback in the Indian market.
Thoughts On The Tata Altroz Reveal In India
The Tata Altroz will go on sale in January 2020. Once launched the new premium hatchback will rival the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, Toyota Glanza and the Volkswagen Polo in the Indian market. The Tata Altroz is expected to be priced in the same range as its rivals as well.