- 1 hr ago Tata Nexon Low EMI Scheme Introduced In India: Finance Offers & Other Details
- 2 hrs ago 2020 Hyundai i20 Spotted Testing Ahead Of Launch In India: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 4 hrs ago Tata Altroz Turbo Petrol Engine Specs Leaked Ahead Of Launch: Expected Pricing & Other Details
- 5 hrs ago Skoda Superb Sportline Road Test Review: One Of The Best Looking Luxury Sedans In The Market
- News Unlock 5.0 guidelines: Here is what to expect
- Technology Xiaomi Mi Smart Band 5 Launched In India For Rs. 2,499
- Movies Varun Dhawan To Start Shooting For Raj Mehta's Romantic Comedy
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Essential Oils For Relieving Headaches And Migraine
- Finance Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders IPO: Retail Portion Subscribed Fully On Day 1
- Sports Coronavirus: Bangladesh's tour of Sri Lanka put off once again
- Education CLAT Answer Key 2020: Download UG & PG Question Paper And Provisional Answer Keys
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In October 2020
Tata Motors has revealed the production-spec model of the Altroz hatchback in India. The Tata Altroz is the first premium hatchback in the Indian market, scheduled to go on sale in January 2020.
The Tata Altroz premium hatchback will also debut the brand's new ‘ALFA' platform, used on all future small cars in the Indian market. The Tata Altroz was first showcased at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show.
The Tata Altroz will also be the second product from the brand, after Harrier, to use the brand's latest ‘Impact 2.0' design language. The hatchback will be offered with a host of premium features and equipment, both on the interiors and exterior of the car.
This includes LED projector headlamps, LED DRLs (Daytime Running Lights), LED taillights, standard 16-inch alloy wheels, large touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, soft-touch material all around the newly designed dashboard and a host of others as well.
The Tata Altroz bookings are said to begin soon. Earlier reports suggested that dealerships have been informed to start accepting official pre-bookings for the hatchback from 4th December 2019. The booking amount for the Tata Altroz premium hatchback is said to be Rs 21,000.
The company recently announced the start of production of the Altroz in their facility in Chakan, Pune. The first production-spec Tata Altroz rolled out of the assembly line with a Gold paint scheme — the launch colour of the hatchback in India.
Scheduled to go on sale in January 2020, the Tata Altroz will be powered by three engine options: two petrol and one diesel. This includes a 1.2-litre petrol producing 85bhp; 1.2-litre turbo-petrol churning out 102bhp and a 1.5-litre diesel producing 90bhp.
All three engines will be mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox. Tata is also expected to introduce an automatic transmission on the Altroz at a later stage. All three engines on the Tata Altroz will also be compliant with the upcoming BS-Vi emission regulations of April 2020.
We will be driving the Tata Altroz very soon as media drives for the premium hatchback have begun. Stay tuned for our full in-depth review of the latest premium hatchback in the Indian market.
Thoughts On The Tata Altroz Reveal In India
The Tata Altroz will go on sale in January 2020. Once launched the new premium hatchback will rival the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, Toyota Glanza and the Volkswagen Polo in the Indian market. The Tata Altroz is expected to be priced in the same range as its rivals as well.