- 2 hrs ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 Review: From Race-Track To The Roads!
- 3 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol Model Likely To Launch Next Year In India: Will It Be The Brand’s Fourth Model?
- 5 hrs ago Mercedes-Benz EQC India Launch Timeline Announced: To Arrive Next Month
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Range Rover & Range Rover Sport Prices Announced: Starts At Rs 88.24 Lakh
- Sports French Open 2020: Serena Williams sees off Ahn again in slam opener
- News Kolkata Metro to resume services on Sundays from October 4
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati 12: Amitabh Bachchan's Show Premieres With A Few Tweaks & A Strong Message!
- Finance Muthoot Fincorp NCD Opens For Subscription; Offers Upto 9.6% Returns
- Lifestyle Sonam Kapoor Shows Us How To Pull Off Semi-Formal And Fashionable Look In The Sassiest Way
- Technology Vivo V20 Series India Launch Set For October 12: Expected Specifications And Features
- Education CLAT Answer Key 2020: Check Provisional Answer Key
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In October 2020
Tata Motors has revealed the production-spec model of the Altroz hatchback in India. The Tata Altroz is the first premium hatchback in the Indian market, scheduled to go on sale in January 2020.
The Tata Altroz premium hatchback will also debut the brand's new ‘ALFA' platform, used on all future small cars in the Indian market. The Tata Altroz was first showcased at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show.
The Tata Altroz will also be the second product from the brand, after Harrier, to use the brand's latest ‘Impact 2.0' design language. The hatchback will be offered with a host of premium features and equipment, both on the interiors and exterior of the car.
This includes LED projector headlamps, LED DRLs (Daytime Running Lights), LED taillights, standard 16-inch alloy wheels, large touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, soft-touch material all around the newly designed dashboard and a host of others as well.
The Tata Altroz bookings are said to begin soon. Earlier reports suggested that dealerships have been informed to start accepting official pre-bookings for the hatchback from 4th December 2019. The booking amount for the Tata Altroz premium hatchback is said to be Rs 21,000.
The company recently announced the start of production of the Altroz in their facility in Chakan, Pune. The first production-spec Tata Altroz rolled out of the assembly line with a Gold paint scheme — the launch colour of the hatchback in India.
Scheduled to go on sale in January 2020, the Tata Altroz will be powered by three engine options: two petrol and one diesel. This includes a 1.2-litre petrol producing 85bhp; 1.2-litre turbo-petrol churning out 102bhp and a 1.5-litre diesel producing 90bhp.
All three engines will be mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox. Tata is also expected to introduce an automatic transmission on the Altroz at a later stage. All three engines on the Tata Altroz will also be compliant with the upcoming BS-Vi emission regulations of April 2020.
We will be driving the Tata Altroz very soon as media drives for the premium hatchback have begun. Stay tuned for our full in-depth review of the latest premium hatchback in the Indian market.
Thoughts On The Tata Altroz Reveal In India
The Tata Altroz will go on sale in January 2020. Once launched the new premium hatchback will rival the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, Toyota Glanza and the Volkswagen Polo in the Indian market. The Tata Altroz is expected to be priced in the same range as its rivals as well.