- 6 hrs ago Datsun Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available Across Models
- 7 hrs ago MG eZS SUV India Launch Scheduled For Early 2020: Doctor Strange Concurs
- 8 hrs ago UM Motorcycles Issued Legal Notice By Dealer Association: UM Lohia & Its Management Involved
- 9 hrs ago Isuzu Opens Sales-Serives-Spares Dealership In Andhra Pradesh
- News Maharashtra, Haryana election results today: Lotus set to bloom again, Opposition hopes for comeback
- Movies Akshay Kumar On Insecurities: Never thought A Guy From Chandni Chowk Would Become Akshay Kumar
- Sports French Open Badminton: Srikanth, Kashyap crash out in opening round
- Technology BSNL Offering 1GB Data With Its Rs. 108 Prepaid Plan
- Lifestyle 6 Science-backed Health Benefits Of Honeysuckle, Uses And Side Effects
- Finance Govt Approves BSNL-MTNL Merger; Offers Attractive VRS Package To Employees
- Travel 6 Offline GPS Navigation Apps For Android Users
- Education Top 10 Universities In QS India University Rankings 2020
Tata Altroz india launch has been delayed. Tata Motors has postponed the launch of their new Altroz premium hatchback in india to early-2020. The Tata Altroz is one of the much-awaited models from the brand in India and was initially expected to go on sale later this year.
Tata Motors first unveiled the concept version of the Altroz, named the 45X back in 2018 Auto Expo. The production version of the premium hatchback later debuted earlier this year, with a launch expected around the festive season.
Tata Motors had planned to introduce the Altroz with a BS-IV compliant engine at the time of launch. The engine would have been updated to the new BS-VI norms at a later stage. However, the company has now decided to cancel this plan and introduce the Altroz directly with BS-VI compliant engine options in early-2020.
The Tata Altroz will come with three engine options: a 1.2-litre three-cylinder petrol engine from the Tiago producing 85bhp; a 1.2-litre three-cylinder turbo-petrol from the Nexon churning out 102bhp and a 1.5-litre turbo-diesel with 90bhp, again from the Nexon.
All three engines will now be BS-VI compliant at the time of launch. They will come mated to either a five or six-speed manual gearbox, along with the optional AMT automatic transmission as well.
The Tata Altroz is also expected to offer a host of features and equipment, to take on rivals in the segment. Some of the features on the Tata Altroz include a large 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, digital instrument cluster, keyless entry, engine start/stop and a host of others as well.
Apart from the standard hatchback, Tata is also said to be working on an electric version of the Altroz for the Indian market. The new Tata Altroz EV will be introduced in India at a later stage and is expected to feature the brand's new Ziptron powertrain — here are the details.
Thoughts On The Tata Altroz Launch Delayed
The Tata Altroz will be positioned in the Indian premium hatchback segment, rivaling the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, Hyundai Elite i20 and the Toyota Glanza. Once launched, we can expect Tata to undercut the prices of the Elite i20 at Rs 5 - 8 lakh, ex-showroom.