- 19 hrs ago Kia Carnival Review (First Drive): Extravagant On Space, Feature-Loaded And BSVI-Compliant
- 23 hrs ago MG ZS Electric SUV Registers 2,800 Units In Bookings Within 27 Days Of Unveil
- 23 hrs ago Amazon Introduces Three And Four Wheeler EVs For Product Delivery
- 1 day ago Hyundai Aura Launched Starting At Rs 5.80 Lakh: Bookings Open At Rs 10,000
- News University has 'all relevant information' on its foreign students: JNU
- Technology Infinix S5 Pro To Launch With Pop-Up Selfie Camera Under Rs. 10,000
- Movies Nasseruddin Shah Calls Anupam Kher A Sycophant And A Clown, Lauds Deepika Padukone For JNU Visit
- Finance Budget 2020 To Have A Plan Of Action To Boost Economy: Javadekar
- Lifestyle Tonk Schools In Rajasthan Bans 'Indecent' Jeans And It Is A Much Bigger Issue Than You Think
- Sports Mavericks fear the worst over Powell injury
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Tata Motors is all set to introduce their first premium hatchback, the Altroz in the Indian market. The Tata Altroz is scheduled to go on sale in the Indian market in January 2020. Ahead of its launch, pre-bookings for the Altroz is said to start soon.
According to a leaked document by Team-BHP, the Tata Altroz bookings will begin from the 4th of December. Customers will be able to pre-book the Altroz either online or through dealerships for an amount of Rs 21,000. The document also confirms that dealers will receive the product brochure of the Tata Altroz in the first week of December as well.
The Tata Altroz is the first product from the brand to feature the ‘ALFA' architecture. It will also be the second all-new product from Tata Motors to feature the ‘Impact 2.0' design language. The premium hatchback offering from the Indian car manufacturer will be unveiled a day ahead of the start of pre-bookings.
The Tata Altroz was showcased in near-ready production form earlier this year at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show. The company also took the opportunity to introduce an electric version of the Altroz, which is slated for a much later stage.
The Tata Altroz will come powered by a choice of three engine options: two petrol and one diesel. This includes an 85bhp 1.2-litre petrol; 102bhp 1.2-litre turbo-petrol and a 90bhp 1.5-litre diesel.
All three engines will be mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox, with an automatic transmission set to be introduced sometime later. These engines will also be updated to comply with the BS-VI emission norms which will be implemented in April 2020.
Tata Motors recently announced the start of production of the Altroz at its Pune plant. The first production-spec Tata Altroz rolled-out of production line recently — here are the details.
Thoughts On The Tata Altroz Bookings
The Tata Altroz as mentioned before is the first premium hatchback offering from the brand in the Indian market. The Altorz will rival the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, Toyota Glanza, Volkswagen Polo and the Honda Jazz. Prices for the Tata Altroz will be in the same range as its competition at around Rs 6 - 7 lakh, ex-showroom.