- 9 hrs ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 Review: From Race-Track To The Roads!
- 10 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol Model Likely To Launch Next Year In India: Will It Be The Brand’s Fourth Model?
- 11 hrs ago Mercedes-Benz EQC India Launch Timeline Announced: To Arrive Next Month
- 12 hrs ago 2021 Range Rover & Range Rover Sport Prices Announced: Starts At Rs 88.24 Lakh
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati Lottery Message Promising 25 Lakh On Whatsapp Messenger Is Fake
- Sports Rohit Sharma pats Kieron Pollard, Ishan Kishan for keeping Mumbai Indians in the match
- News Sonia Gandhi urges Congress-ruled states to pass laws to negate central farm acts
- Finance RBI May Hold MPC Meet As Early As Next Week
- Lifestyle World Heart Day 2020: Best Foods To Prevent The Risk Of Heart Diseases In Diabetics
- Technology Oppo Reno4 F Officially Teased; Launch Set For October, 2020
- Education CLAT Answer Key 2020: Check Provisional Answer Key
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In October 2020
Hyundai Motors recently launched the third-generation Grand i10 in the Indian market, with the NIOS. The new Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS is offered alongside the older model in the brand's Indian product lineup.
According to Autocar India, Hyundai is said to have confirmed a sportier version of the Grand i10 NIOS for the Indian market. The new Sportier variant of the NIOS will feature a new 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine, borrowed from the popular Venue compact-SUV.
The new sportier variant of the Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS with the turbo-petrol engine will produce 100bhp of power output. The engine will be offered with a five-speed manual transmission and will miss out on an automatic gearbox option.
Currently, the Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS is offered with a choice of two engine options. This includes a 1.2-litre Kappa petrol and U2 CRDi diesel engines. The 1.2-litre petrol produces 81bhp and 114Nm of torque.
The 1.2-litre diesel, on the other hand, churns out 76bhp and 190Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox, with the optional AMT transmission also on offer.
Apart from the new engine option, the sportier Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS will also come with all-black interiors with contrast stitching all around. However, the Grand i10 NIOS will miss out on the complete ‘N-line' treatment on the hatchback. The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS will also feature a set of newly designed alloy wheels as well.
The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS comes with a choice of three variants: Era, Magna, Sportz and Asta. The new Grand i10 NIOS comes with a starting price of Rs 4.99 lakh. The top-spec Asta variant of the Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS is priced at Rs 7.99 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Thoughts On The New Sportier Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS For The Indian Market
The new sportier Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS will come with a slightly detuned version of the 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine borrowed from the popular Venue compact-SUV.
The sportier hatchback is expected to go on sale sometime in early-2020 and will rival the likes of the Ford Figo, Maruti Suzuki Swift and the Tata Tiago. Once launched in India, the sportier version of the Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS will be priced in the range of Rs 8 lakh, ex-showroom.