- 12 hrs ago BS-IV Models Outselling BS-VI Models This Festive Season: Heavy Discounts Being Offered
- 12 hrs ago Central Government Plans Policy For Vehicle Recall: To Be Made Mandatory
- 12 hrs ago Electric Two-Wheeler Sales Crash Because Of FAME II Policy Changes
- 13 hrs ago Tata Car Sales India: A Model-Wise Break-Up Of Sales For September 2019
- Movies Happy Birthday Prabhas; The Actor Whose Pan-Indian Superstardom Will Have Greater Longevity!
- News Direct link to check UP D.EI.ED 2nd semester result 2019
- Technology Motorola One Hyper To Launch With 64MP Camera And A Pop-Up Selfie Camera
- Sports BCB boss smells conspiracy behind players' strike but says India tour on
- Travel Cruise Ship: A Floating Town Of Laid-Back People
- Lifestyle Calcium For Adults: Why You Need Calcium, Recommended Daily Intake And Food Sources
- Finance 6 Pointers To Note When Buying Gold Coin
- Education Explore IBPS RRB Clerk Main Exam Analysis 2019
Hyundai Motors recently launched the third-generation Grand i10 in the Indian market, with the NIOS. The new Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS is offered alongside the older model in the brand's Indian product lineup.
According to Autocar India, Hyundai is said to have confirmed a sportier version of the Grand i10 NIOS for the Indian market. The new Sportier variant of the NIOS will feature a new 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine, borrowed from the popular Venue compact-SUV.
The new sportier variant of the Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS with the turbo-petrol engine will produce 100bhp of power output. The engine will be offered with a five-speed manual transmission and will miss out on an automatic gearbox option.
Currently, the Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS is offered with a choice of two engine options. This includes a 1.2-litre Kappa petrol and U2 CRDi diesel engines. The 1.2-litre petrol produces 81bhp and 114Nm of torque.
The 1.2-litre diesel, on the other hand, churns out 76bhp and 190Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox, with the optional AMT transmission also on offer.
Apart from the new engine option, the sportier Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS will also come with all-black interiors with contrast stitching all around. However, the Grand i10 NIOS will miss out on the complete ‘N-line' treatment on the hatchback. The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS will also feature a set of newly designed alloy wheels as well.
The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS comes with a choice of three variants: Era, Magna, Sportz and Asta. The new Grand i10 NIOS comes with a starting price of Rs 4.99 lakh. The top-spec Asta variant of the Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS is priced at Rs 7.99 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Thoughts On The New Sportier Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS For The Indian Market
The new sportier Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS will come with a slightly detuned version of the 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine borrowed from the popular Venue compact-SUV.
The sportier hatchback is expected to go on sale sometime in early-2020 and will rival the likes of the Ford Figo, Maruti Suzuki Swift and the Tata Tiago. Once launched in India, the sportier version of the Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS will be priced in the range of Rs 8 lakh, ex-showroom.