- 12 hrs ago Mahindra Mojo 300 ABS Specifications Leaked
- 13 hrs ago New Skoda Rapid Rider Launched In India — Priced At Rs 6.99 Lakh
- 14 hrs ago Tata Harrier Painted Range Rover Red By Kitup Automotive — Chic And Up-Market!
- 15 hrs ago 30 Percent Of Motorists In India Use Fake Driving Licenses — New MV Act To Counter It
- News 7th Pay Commission latest news: DA hike a reality, not a pay increase
- Technology You Can Buy These Smartphones With Premium Features Under Rs. 25,000
- Finance Caution: New Fraud Via UPI On The Rise
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Spinners failed to impress
- Movies Nayanthara’s Marriage Prediction Goes Viral; Will It Turn Out To Be True?
- Lifestyle Deepika Padukone's Latest Airport Look Is All Things Cool And Comfy
- Travel Best Places to Visit in Rajasthan During Monsoon Season
- Education #SelfiewithGuru: A Campaign To Mark The Occasion Of Guru Purnima 2019
Volkswagen owned Czech auto maker Skoda has released the first official teaser sketches of the Skoda Superb facelift. The sedan is due for an update later this month. The released sketches show subtle, but noticeable upgrades to the Superb.
The Skoda Superb facelift retains it's trademark butterfly grille, but features redesigned head lights, a new bumper and what look like new alloy wheels. The new Skoda Superb facelift will be officially unveiled during the 2019 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship being held at Bratislava, Slovakia.
The current generation of the Skoda Superb has been available since 2015, and will now receive a mid-cycle update. The 2020 Skoda Superb facelift will feature new LED head lights that replace the current bi-xenon head lights, Daytime Running Lights, and a wider butterfly grille. The rear may feature a new bumper design, new wrap-around tail lights, and the name on lettered badging across the boot lip.
While there are no details about changes to the engine, if any, so we expect the new 2020 Skoda Superb facelift to feature the same engine that is on the current generation. There are rumors that the Skoda may introduce the new 1.4-litre TSI petrol-electric hybrid engine that is featured on the Volkswagen Passat GTE. The engine is capable of producing a combined power of 250bhp, and features a 50 kilometer range from the electric motor.
The 2020 Superb facelift is expected to feature multiple changes to the interiors. Expected features are a large touchscreen infotainment system, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity, over-the-air update features, and a host of other creature comforts.
The Skoda Superb is on the highest selling models from the Skoda portfolio and the new 2020 Superb facelift is expected to be launched in India some time next year. Once launched, the Skoda Superb facelift will compete against the Volkswagen Passat, the Honda Accord Hybrid, and the Toyota Camry Hybrid.
We do not have any information about pricing for the new Skoda Superb facelift, but we expect it to be priced at about Rs 36 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
Thoughts About The 2020 Skoda Superb Facelift.
The sedan look massive, aggressive and tough, from what we can see from the teaser sketches. Volkswagen has played it's cards very well with the Skoda Superb and this is the right time to introduce a facelift. The Skoda Superb is still a very good looking and sought after vehicle in India, and we think the facelift will add more to it's appeal.