- 1 day ago Okinawa Offers Special Discounts On Their Electric Scooter Range This Festive Season
- 1 day ago New Bugatti Centodieci Unveiled: Pays Homage To 110 Years Of Bugatti & The Iconic EB110
- 1 day ago Emflux Two And Two+ Electric Motorcycle Teaser Reveals Performance And Range Figures
- 1 day ago New Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Starts Arriving At Dealerships: Launch On 20th August
- Sports Ashes 2019: Labuschagne steps up in Smith's absence as Australia survive Archer onslaught for Lord's draw
- Movies Karan Johar Calls Out A Troll Who Mocked His Sexuality!
- News Amit Shah says Congress has "no shame" as it continues to oppose "evil practice" of triple talaq
- Technology Difference between OpenGL and DirectX12
- Lifestyle How Can Birth Control Pills Affect A Woman's Life
- Finance Pokemon Cards Sold For Over $1,00,000 In An Online Auction
- Education CA IPCC Result 2019 Likely To Be Announced On Aug 23 Or 24
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
The new limited-edition model comes with sporty cosmetic updates and a host of new features and equipments. It is available in just two colour choices: Candy White and Carbon Steel.
The cosmetic changes and additional features on the new Rapid Rider edition include a blacked-out front grille, black-side foils, blacked-out B-pillars and a trunk lip garnish finished in black as well.
Skoda also offers the Rapid Rider sedan with dual-tone ebony sand interiors with ivory slate seat upholstery. The sedan also receives 'Rapid' inscribed on the scuff plates as well.
Apart from the cosmetic updates mentioned, Skoda has also added a number of updates in terms of features and equipments as well. The Skoda Rapid Rider comes with new features such as dual-airbags, anti-glare IRVM, height-adjustable three-point seat belt, rough road package, engine immobiliser, floating code system and rear windscreen defogger with timer.
Speaking on the occasion, Zac Hollis, Director - Sales, Service & Marketing, Skoda Auto India stated,
"The Rapid Rider offers a compelling combination of the brand's emotive design, exquisite interiors and class-leading safety features, at a very competitive price point. It is deemed to be a best seller setting the benchmark for functionality, practicality and spaciousness in its segment."
The new limited-edition Skoda Rapid Rider sedan is available in a single engine option. This includes the 1.6-litre MPi petrol engine. It produces 105bhp and 153Nm of torque; mated to a six-speed manual transmission.
The Skoda Rapid Rider will also receive the brand's 'Skoda Shield Plus', which offers 6-years of "hassle free ownership experience". This package includes 24x7 roadside assistance and an extended warranty.
Thoughts On The Skoda Rapid Rider
The Skoda Rapid Rider is a limited-edition model, with a number of subtle cosmetic upgrades, along with a few additional features. The Skoda Rapid is one of the popular offerings from the Czech brand in India, bringing in volume sales to the company. The Skoda Rapid rivals the likes of the Honda City, Hyundai Verna and the Volkswagen Vento.