- 12 hrs ago Ratan Tata Invests In Electric Two Wheeler Start Up Tork Motors
- 13 hrs ago New (Upcoming) Kia Cars Launches In India: Two Models Confirmed Including Carnival & New Compact-SUV
- 14 hrs ago Hyundai Tucson Extreme Off-Road Video: SUV Gets Stuck & Rescued By Jeep Cherokee
- 15 hrs ago Jawa Anniversary Edition Detailed On Official Video: 90 Units Only
- Movies Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Reveals She Had Proved Amitabh Bachchan Wrong With Her Unpredictable Reaction
- News It's a tie: Jury breaks rules, Margaret Atwood and Bernardine Evarist share Booker prize 2019
- Technology Last Week Top Most Trending Smartphones: Realme X2 Pro, Oppo K5, Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max And More
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019, Eliminator 2: Raiders power U Mumba past Haryana Steelers
- Lifestyle Health And Wellness Tips For College Students
- Education Who Is Abhijit Banerjee? 10 Facts About Indian-origin Economist Who Has Won Nobel Prize
- Finance CPI: Retail Inflation Rises To 3.99% In September
- Travel Top 10 Indian Cities For Food Lovers
Skoda has launched the Octavia Onyx sedan in the Indian market. The new Skoda Octavia Onyx is offered in two variants with a starting price of Rs 19.99 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The new Octavia Onyx sedan comes with a host of cosmetic updates and added features; both inside and out.
Bookings for the Skoda Octavia Onyx has started in all dealerships across the country. Deliveries of the new sedan is said to begin soon. The higher-spec variant of the Skoda Octavia Onyx is priced at Rs 22 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). All prices are introductory prices at the time of launch.
Both variants of the Skoda Octavia will feature a host of cosmetic updates. This includes an updated butterfly grille which now comes with a chrome surrounds, updated LED headlamps with ‘Crystalglo' LED DRLs, contrasting black ORVMs with integrated turn indicators, glossy-black rear spoiler mounted on the boot-lid, carbon-black door foils and a set of newly designed 16-inch Premia alloy wheels.
Moving to the interiors, the new Skoda Octavia Onyx comes with aluminium scuff plates with ‘Octavia' embossed on them, a new 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with SmartLink technology, MirrorLink, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, dual-zone climate control, twelve-way adjustable front driver and passenger seats, premium black-leather upholstery all around and a flat-bottom steering wheel wrapped in perforated leather.
The new Skoda Octavia Onyx will also come with all the standard safety equipment as well. This includes six airbags, rear parking camera, high-speed warning, seat-belt reminder, ABS with EBD and a host of others as well.
Zac Hollis, Director - Sales, Service and Marketing, Skoda Auto India, said
"The Skoda Octavia changed the dynamics of the executive sedan segment when it was introduced in India. ‘TOUGH MEETS SMART', the new Octavia Onyx has unique street credibility signified in its design. It is a limited edition variant which re-defines 'class and elegance' while retaining its distinctive characteristics - emotive design, exquisite interiors, class-leading safety and intelligent connectivity features - now in exciting colour options."
The new Octavia Onyx will also feature a 590-litre boot space The rear seats can be folded in a 60:40 split, which further expands the luggage space to a massive 1580-litres; the largest in the segment.
The new Skoda Octavia Onyx is offered with two engine options. This includes the 1.8-litre TSI petrol engine producing 180bhp and 250Nm of torque.
The sedan also comes with a 2.0-litre TDI diesel unit churning out 143bhp and 320Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to a standard seven-speed DSG automatic transmission system, without a manual gearbox on offer.
The new Octavia Onyx edition will be offered in a range of three colour options: Candy White, Race Blue and Corrida Red.
Thoughts On The New Skoda Octavia Onyx Launch In India
The new Skoda Octavia Onyx comes with a host of updates over the standard model. The Onyx edition offers a new level of sportiness to the already sporty looking sedan from the brand in the Indian market. The new Skoda Octavia Onyx will continue to rival the likes of the Toyota Corolla Altis and the Honda Civic in the segment.